AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just got my LT-150 for one week, the internal scaler is not good enough for watching on a big screen, I am wondering about the QuadScan+LT-150 combination, is it really good enough to compare with the HTPC?

and how does QuadScan reduce the Rainbow effect? Any comment is great appreciated!

·
Registered
441 Posts
hanawa:

I demoed the LT 150 with my quasdscan pro. In my opinion it is an excellent combination. I am not bothered by rainbow, possibly because of the quadscan's excellent performance.

I agree the internal processor on the LT150 is not acceptable for large screen video. If you like the 150 then I am sure you will really enjoy this combination.

HTPC also worked well. The problem with HTPC is you don't get the diversity of inputs you do with the quadscan.

Hope this helps.

Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello knuck,

Thanks for your reply, the QuadScan really help for the lack of inputs of 150, this is another reason why I am interesting in QuadScan. As my experience, I am using Pioneer P-Scan DVD, but the image quality is far behind the HTPC. Is it possible that you can do an A/B test for HTPC/P-SCAN DVD/QuadScan and tell me the compare results? Because there's no QuadScan in Taiwan, your comment is very important to me. I appreciate your effort. Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
This question has been asked a number of times, and I am also interested. If/when my LT150 comes, I'll either be getting a Crystal Image or Quadscan - can't beat the combo for (well) under $3,000, I wouldn't think. Of course, there's the PC route, but I'd like to avoid it and keep things plug and play. Very good results have been reported with progressive DVD players - I'd have to think that this would be improved one more notch with a budget scaler. I'm interested in more input on this when it comes in. (Definitely fodder for the FAQ).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.