AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read in several of the other Mitsubishi threads that cover the LT-52244 that there are serious issues regarding the sound quality. I have asked for clarification in one of those threads, but no one has responded. I think because so much is being discussed there that the post has been overlooked. So I decided to start os thread in just this topic.

I am planning to get a LT-52244 but I am concerned about the sound quality. I would prefer to not use the audio system when watching normal TV. I would only plan on using the system when playing a DVD.

For those of you who own this set what do you think of the sound quality from the TV alone?

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yesterday, I went to a high end tv store and they turned off all the other sets and we turned up the sound. At first we had the source wrong and we got static, the sales person in the store stated that the static sounded bad for static. We then got the source right and had sound it was pretty bad, not nearly as good as my current Mitsu tube tv. We played with the settings quite a bit and got it better but not good.. SO my opinion is if you are not using a AV system you may not like the sound coming out of this TV.

But, I do like the picture so I borrowed a set of Bose Computer Music Monitor speakers (which are powered separately) and have RCA connectors. This takes care of sound problems good enough for me. I would not recommend using these for movies that is what my AV system is for, but for every day watching these are good enough (but a bit expensive).

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the TV and really don't view it as an issue...A few days of having it on you won't even care...Doesn't sound bad...Picture is great

·
Registered
14 Posts
Starting to install this for a relative - they picked it out - my first impression was "great picture" & "disappointing internal audio" - plan has been to do a full surround sound install with this so for us, the internal speakers weren't an issue (I *was* however hoping to channel into this to use for a "center channel") more on that later as install progresses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts