Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bruce,

The LT150 works great with DVDs in widescreen. Its 1024x768 in 4:3, which means its 1024x576 in 16:9 format. The 576 lines are fine for displaying a DVD in 480p (525p). Just click the aspect ratio over to "Cinema Mode".... This works very well with anamorphic DVDs, whether they are in 16:9 or 2.35:1 ratio.

So, if you have an 80x60 screen, it would display a widescreen DVD in 80x45. It won't, however, expand to 106x60.

So, yes, you'll lose some resolution at the top and bottom, but you actually end up with a resolution thats much closer to the native DVD output.

-Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another question concerning DVD viewing using an LT150. I plan on using a progressive scan DVD player, either the Panasonic RP56 or the Sony NS700P. Given this projector and DVD player combination how big a screen will this support before lines, pixels or other artifacts become too noticable?

The room I am using is 16x13. My already hard wired connections for power and most importantly hush box venting dictate that the projector will be 14.5' from the screen. With the non zoom LT150 that gives me a 9' wide screen with the first row of seating 10' from the screen. Am I asking for trouble with this setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
Bruce,

You'll be pushing the envelop for pixels with this size of a screen and seating so close. It will be close - try it and see. You may want to move the seating back a couple of feet. You should be O.K. for the really good anamorphic transfers, while the others may be problematic here and there. I think a Panamorph might help.

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am getting close to making a decision for my first projector and have a few questions about 4:3 projectors in general and the LT150 in particular.

I will be using the projector almost exclusively for DVD viewing and I want to get the best picture I can from my DVD's. Given that A) LT150 is a 4:3 projector and B) I will not have access to an ISCO or Panamorph lens nor an external scaler, am I stuck displaying my DVD's in 4:3 letterbox mode thereby loosing much of the available resolution?

By some miracle can the LT150 take an anamporphic signal and stretch it horizontally? The LT150 has enough pixels that it could preserve the 480 vertical resolution of the anamorphic signal while stretching horizontal resolution to maintain the AR right? Can this be done without an external scaler.

Also by some miracle am I making any sense?

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.