AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered from all you out there that have the LT150 and a progressive scan dvd player how you connecting the two for the progressive scan option???? Also, what kind of dvd player you are using or that you think is best.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a Panasonic RP56 which is working great for me. Others had good experiences with Skyworth and Panansonic rp91 too.

I use a VGA to RCA breakout cable ordered from a2zcables. I forget the catalog number. Look into the excellent LT150 faq at http://lastrange.com/ht. It has links to avs forum posts where they discuss the cables to be used

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the great info. I will be looking at some breakout cables and figuring how to get them to where they need to go. Also, will be looking at what dvd player to get, so any more info on them would be appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you want a long run (30ft- for ceiling mounted projectors) cable with Component to VGA conectors try AVCable.com . They have it for around $95. It is better than the smaller breakout cables (if you need long runs) because it does not need the BNC adapters, which degrade signal (breakout cables comes with BCN conectors).

Antonio

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i'll second the rec for the panasonic rp56.

i've tried several players with this pj, including the tosh 5109 and the jvc 65gd. while not my favorite player for a variety of reasons, when it comes to the important one-i.e. picture quality, i have to admit the panasonic gives the overall best picture.

in fact, i find it to be good enough to finally quell my handwringing over whether or not to get a htpc.

Bob Wood recommended pccables for the breakout cable and it ended up costing about $50 for 50'.

i'm glad i got more feet than i thought i need at the time, and would suggest anyone else do the same.

if i can dig up my old post i'll try to get a link to the order page for you.

for the money (currently under $300 for both the cable and rp56) i think you'd be very happy with the results. i know i am http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But, if walls are up and you have 6 RG6 lines going to where the projector is, what would be the best way?????

For the best pic of course.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you already have Video Cables going to to Projector you can use a Breakout VGA Cable with the BNC to RCA Adapters needed to conect to your existent Video Cable. But remember that adapters degrade Video Signal. Check AVcable.com , they have all these options with good prices. You can buy the Breakout and adapters for $20 , but I do not know the results.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use the Panasonic RP56 and the VGA to Component cable from a2zcable.com

Great picture and my 20' cable only cost $37.

Now if I can just keep the dog away from the projector on my coffee table while watching movies....

·
Registered
197 Posts
JVC XVD723G. Recently got a great review in HT Mag (although they didn't like the remote). They are on clearance for around $200 if you look for them.

Also, I'd would absolutely recomment AVCable.com for a breakout cable. They are awesome. As good as my bettercables.com silver serpent at 1/4th the price.

-Dave

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the good info. Will start looking into the cables and for a prog. scan dvd player. Glad there is a forum like this and all this info. Any more thoughts out there????

Thanks in advance,

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.