AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will install my new LT150 on a coffe table, and a 90" wide screen aprox.


By the comments of this forum, it seems that the High Power is the best screen option, but my problem is that I will install it "Ceiling Mounted", because I don`t have a rear wall in the rigt place for the screen.


I believe that a tensioned screen could be a better option (the way that the screen stay really flat).


Dalite don't have High Power Tensioned, and the options are "Da-Mat", "High Contrast Da-Mat", "Pearlescent", "Cinema Vision" or "Audio Vision".


Which would be the best?,


Thanks,



------------------
Hugo Andrade
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
410 Posts
Wow Tom, thats are great post on your site! Did you make a decision on a screen yet?




------------------

lance

I'm looking for a job once I return from Europe (January 2002).

Resume online at http://resumes.dice.com/lkstitch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tom, and Thank you very much for the great screen materials test!!!!


For me it is obvious that the real fight is just between 3 materials (in tensioned possibilities); Da-Mat, Cinema Vision and Perleascent.


It seems, that DaMat (gain 1.0) is the most accurate in terms of shapes, edges, etc, and for me it looks brighter than Cinema Vision (gain 1.3) in the pictures.


In other way, Perleascent (gain 2.0), looks brighter and with better contrast than the others.


Do you have an opinion between this 3 materials, Tom?


Any other opinions,


Thank you very much,




------------------
Hugo Andrade
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dlptheater:
Wow Tom, thats are great post on your site! Did you make a decision on a screen yet?
As Grant and others have been proselytizing, the Model B High Power is on the way. If it's not flat enough pulled down, I'll tack it to the wall.

Quote:
Originally posted by HAndrade:
For me it is obvious that the real fight is just between 3 materials (in tensioned possibilities); Da-Mat, Cinema Vision and Perleascent.


It seems, that DaMat (gain 1.0) is the most accurate in terms of shapes, edges, etc, and for me it looks brighter than Cinema Vision (gain 1.3) in the pictures.


In other way, Perleascent (gain 2.0), looks brighter and with better contrast than the others.
Having somewhat selfish motives (purchasing my own screen), after I locked in on the high power I didn't pay much attention to the others... However, I thought the "middle-tier" gains all looked pretty much the same. The Pearlescent surprised me that it didn't look brighter. The High Contrast was way too dark.


I'll try to look at these again with an eye towards the other samples.



------------------

Tom L.
my-soontobe-home-theater
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
So you chose high power 2.8 right? I liked all the images on this except for the black night with stars, and then the windows desktop. Did you try any high powers with a lower gain? And how low was your lighting (ambiant) throughout the test?


I would be interested in that as I am not sure how dark I will be able to get my room for an MultiSync LT150.


Oh and do you or anyone else know where the frell to get bulbs cheaper? At $500 a bulb this may shoot down my theater dreams. I would go through at least 2 a year. OUCH!

-Raechel




[This message has been edited by Raech (edited 07-15-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Raech:
So you chose high power 2.8 right?
Yes.
Quote:
I liked all the images on this except for the black night with stars, and then the windows desktop.
Yeah, the blacks are a little lighter on the High Power but all the other colors have a lot more punch to them. The other screen materials just seemed to be missing something. I can't wait to see a whole screen full of LT150+HighPower magic.
Quote:
Did you try any high powers with a lower gain?
Nope. What you see is what I tested. I'm going for bang for the buck and Da-Lite screens seem to be a good value (a.k.a. pretty cheap) http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif
Quote:
And how low was your lighting (ambiant) throughout the test? I would be interested in that as I am not sure how dark I will be able to get my room for an MultiSync LT150.
The photos were taken around 8pm so there was some ambient light but not a lot. If you look at other pictures of the room you can see that there is a blind covered window in the room and a large open entry way leading in.
Quote:
Oh and do you or anyone else know where the frell to get bulbs cheaper? At $500 a bulb this may shoot down my theater dreams. I would go through at least 2 a year. OUCH!
Haven't looked for bulbs yet. FWIW, I was about ready to get a JVC G15 so I'm happy to be spending half the amount on LT150 bulbs.


I'm loving my little budget set up. Of couse if I had waited a week, I would have saved $500 on the projector http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif


When I get the screen, I'll reshoot some pictures showing some full high power screen images and then the high power screen against the other samples.


------------------

Tom L.
my-soontobe-home-theater
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
So the Model B High Power will be available to mount in ceiling with tab tensioning? If so, when?


------------------

Alfred S. Harding--
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by aharding:
So the Model B High Power will be available to mount in ceiling with tab tensioning? If so, when?
I certainly wasn't implying that. I'm getting a Model B manual pulldown with no tensioning.


------------------

Tom L.
my-soontobe-home-theater
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Actually you can get a tensioned Hi-Power pull down - it is called the Model B Deluxe and max's out at 60 x 80. I have one on order. It is manual as opposed to electric.

I think I paid $375 for mine.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top