AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a house with a media room (should be done some time this century the builder says) and couldn't wait to find out what the LT150 would like in the room.

Took it over one evening and hooked up a DVD player via s-video and projected it on a blank wall. The wall has paint on it and the color is a dark brown, grey. The picture looked very good. My wife even couldn't believe it. I was very suprised that the pic was that good on that dark of a color. The wall did it's own masking on the sides, with hardly any haze around the sceen. Room was completely dark with only the projector providing the "light". Since, I have only seen 10 mins. on this wall, I am wondering how much better will it get with a proper screen or is it needed?????? Also, for the people that are mounting the 150 on a table or under a table, how are you keeping the projector from jumping from feet on the table and jiggling????

Can't wait for the house to be done and now I am a true believer in the 150!!!!!!

Jim

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hehe.. you ain't seen nothin' yet!

Projecting onto a proper screen makes this look soo much better. Be prepared to go to HT heaven...

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Distance to screen should be from 1.6x to 2x the screen width. The farther away you sit the less artifacting you'll see, and the better your picture will be. Of course there's a size tradeoff. Also remember that you probably won't be sitting at the far back of the room. Your head when you're sitting should be slightly below the middle of the viewing material. With those guidelines grab your measuring stick - and find out what works best for you. Ceiling height is most often the limiting factor anyway. And don't be afraid to experiment. Just don't go doing anything permanent until you've figured out what works best for you.

------------------

/frode

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.