Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To answer you Qs:

1 - Yes. Set your DVD player to deliver an anamorphic picture (usually by telling it you have a 16:9 tv) and set the LT150 to cinema. The LT150 will scale the 4:3 picture into a 16:9 area.

2 - When using an HTPC, set it up to output 1024x768. The application (SW DVD player or DScaler) will use all of the available data and place the stretched image on the screen with black bars on the other area(s).

This thread tells how to set up a 1024x576 desktop on the LT150. Some of the benefits are mentioned in the thread.

Good luck!

EDIT: Too quick on the send button! I meant to add, if you are using a HTPC, you might consider using a hardwired control cable from the serial port of the HTPC to the serial control port of the LT150. This would allow Girder to change the setup of your LT150 without using the projector menus. See my post in the same thread.

------------------

Huck

[This message has been edited by Huckster (edited 08-24-2001).]

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm getting a HTPC soon and am curious as to how often I'll need the LT150's (pathetic) remote. I'm hoping to avoid having to switch aspect ratios from the LT150's menu when changing from anamorphic DVDs to non-anamorphic or 4x3 sources.

These are probably basic questions about the LT150 and anamorphic DVDs, but heck, no one has made fun of me yet. Here goes:

1. When the LT150 takes an anamorphic DVD signal and squeezes it in cinema mode, is the projector performing a scaling function to fit the stretched 4x3 picture into a 16x9 portion of the DLP panel?

2. If so, can the LT150's scaling function be bypassed by using a HTPC to (a) use the full resolution of an anamorphic DVD, then (b) squeeze the picture to its proper proportions and put into the 1024x768 resolution (with black bars above and below) before sending it to the LT150?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lurker #25:
I'm getting a HTPC soon and am curious as to how often I'll need the LT150's (pathetic) remote. I'm hoping to avoid having to switch aspect ratios from the LT150's menu when changing from anamorphic DVDs to non-anamorphic or 4x3 sources.

These are probably basic questions about the LT150 and anamorphic DVDs, but heck, no one has made fun of me yet. Here goes:

1. When the LT150 takes an anamorphic DVD signal and squeezes it in cinema mode, is the projector performing a scaling function to fit the stretched 4x3 picture into a 16x9 portion of the DLP panel?

2. If so, can the LT150's scaling function be bypassed by using a HTPC to (a) use the full resolution of an anamorphic DVD, then (b) squeeze the picture to its proper proportions and put into the 1024x768 resolution (with black bars above and below) before sending it to the LT150?

I could never get the Cinema Mode to give me anything but a distorted picture. Don't know about the HTPC but my Quadscan Elite fills my 16x9 screen. Would think the HTPC would do the same. I would think it automactically bypassed as I didn't do anything to turn it off - I don't think. As far as the remote - the Pronto works great and the file is at remotecentral.

[This message has been edited by Jim OD (edited 08-24-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.