AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished doing my LT150 clear segment blackout today. For any who havent tried it yet, it really is very simple and easy to do.

Trouble was I plugged the projector in tonight and started to watch a movie and there was a smudge of grey in the top right of the screen. Now the rational part of my brain was saying "Dont worry its just a dust blob" but my irrational half was saying, "Ah crap, what have I done". I did a quick search here and noticed a couple of people had similar episodes.

Anyways, back off with the cover and a quick vaccuming of the inspection port with the household vaccum cleaner and the spot was all gone, not a trace. Seems like either taking the cover off increases the chance of dust or perhaps the blackput of the clear segment shows up previous dust more clearly. Anyways I thought it was just worth mentioning that people doing this mod might want to keep in mind that they may have to do a quick clean also.

As for the results of the mod, hard to say at this point. The jury is out until I get a chance to watch a few favourites.

Btw thanks to Dennis for the loan of his marker.

One thing I can say at this point is that the image, projected off my cream wall looks fantastic. Cant wait till my 2.2gain Da-lite screen arrives on Tuesday. Only thing Im nervous about is the fact that my lt150 is ceiling mounted, and the high gain is supposedly for table mount. Personally I cant see how this makes any difference. Anyone using a high gain screen with a ceiling mount have any problems?

· Registered
1,515 Posts
I ceiling mount my lt150 and use a da-lite high power screen. I really like this combination. Because of the slight keystone I get with the position of my projector I need pulled back the screen a bit from the bottom (not a good idea to use the digital keystone adjustment in the projector).

Doing this both elimiantes the keystone, and reflects the light towards the viewer, not back towards the ceiling mounted projector as would normally be the case with this screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.