Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I talked to my NEC rep and it looks like I can get a small discount on at least 10 units. The price for an original LT150 NEC bulb will be $475.00 plus shipping. Again, I need at least 10 people to pull this off. Please post to this section if interested.

Thanks!

------------------

Jason Turk

AV Science, Inc.
http://www.avscience.com

716-454-1460 ext.204

[email protected]

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I had hoped that the price would have been at least as good as some of the other online outlets, but I am not really surprised.

I will probably still buy from AVS, unless I find some other part of my HT to buy from you. I am running out of components, though. Maybe I'll just send in a check to help fund the forum that has helped me so much.

Was there any break point above 10 units?

Are these other companies selling the bulbs as a loss leader, to pull in more non-bulb sales from customers who own a LT-150??? That probably isn't a bad market for them to break into, but it wouldn't really benefit AVS to do that.

I could sleep pretty easily buying the bulb for a little more from AVS, which has given me so much info through this forum.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah, I'd be out at that price too.

NEC needs to have a message sent that $500 a bulb is crazy. IF the other bulbs out there will in fact work with the LT150 then we're already at $389 for one of those without a group purchase. Who knows, maybe that price can be negotiated down to $300 or less. Now that's much closer to sanity levels than $500 or even $475. Especially for a 1000 hour bulb!

We just need to get someone to try it. Maybe we should have a group purchase, everyone pitch in to buy one of the $389 bulbs, send it to one volunteer with an LT150 of course, and wait for their report. If it works, great, the tester gets a free bulb for their trouble and we now have a source for lower cost bulbs.

If it doesn't work then we bow our heads in shame and go for the NEC power buy!?!? Or keep looking?

Of course, like I stated in another thread, it could very well be that each manufacturer has a way for their projector to identify the bulb assembly as to being theirs or not. Might possibly be an ID resister or even a smart chip, where the projector is looking for a programmed resistance value or some other code. If its not right the bulb would not work. More than likely that would be the only thing that might happen, it just wouldn't work. Then everyone is out their money but it was a small loss to each of us.

However there is an outside chance that with the wrong value ID resistor or what ever, something else could be fried making it necessary to send the projector back to NEC for repair. That though, IMHO, would have been a very ill conceived trick on the part of the manufacturer, although not beyond the realm of possibility.

So, any volunteers??

Of course if we do find that it does indeed work we can still do a power Buy for that bulb through AVS. Right?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Agreed... Unfortunately, I'm out, too. The savings just isn't there to justify getting a replacement lamp now, rather than when I need it. As someone else pointed out, there's always the possibility that someone will build a better lamp in the mean time with increased hours/lumens...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Jason,

Can you please find out from your NEC rep whether the PLUS U3-1080, Lightware, or Mitsubishi lamps are compatible or if there is something special about the LT150 lamp (besides margin)?

--Les

[This message has been edited by arrow (edited 08-06-2001).]

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys. As I had mentioned, there is not much margain in bulbs. I assume that these other places that sell the actual NEC bulbs must get volume discounts that I can't compete with. I would be hesitant about buying a non-NEC bulb, but if you've found the actual one for less...go for it. Thanks anyways! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

------------------

Jason Turk

AV Science, Inc.
http://www.avscience.com

716-454-1460 ext.204

[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.