AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Randall,

That's very good. Do you reckon that some of this extended bulb life is due to your viewing habits, i.e. relatively few on-off events on the bulb with respect to the total hours used? I guess your sesssions with the projector last between 2 and 3 hrs each time. NEC may have based their LT150 bulb life estimates on typical office usage where presentations may last 30 minutes on the average.

Have you seen any significant reduction in light output or any colour shift?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Randall,

Don't you find the picture a little dim? I'm at 900 hours and was told that light output would be down 50% at this point. I just picked up a new bulb but haven't installed it yet.

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess the picture is a little dim. All I know is that when I am in a dark room the picure still looks very good. It is hard to remember how bright the picture was with a new bulb.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Keep posting Randall. Most impressive indeed.

Re: your viewing habits - do you use the projector for TV viewing, etc or just watching movies?

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use it for TV & DVD. Sometimes it gets left on for several hours, other times it may be on for 30 minutes in the morning while I scan the paper and get the news from Fox. I've probably been more careless about leaving it on since the bulb is high hour. I'm really ready to switch bulbs but I want to see how long it will go.

·
Registered
599 Posts
does anyone know exactly what hour mark the 'warning' appears - i reset mine, but didn't know the service menu codes to check my hour usage.

someone tell me the service menu keys also plz

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi,

I just got the hour marking warning at exactly 1,000 hours.

I had to reset it in order to clear the warning off the screen.

Jaymer,

-service mode,

press the following keys in order:

Help, Help, Help, Enter, Menu, UP, Down, UP, right, Up.

does someone know how the bulb quits working? does it explode? Or just turns off?

regards,

Jose

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thanks Jose - I forgot I posted to THIS thread - I found these codes within the last week and found that I am at 1880 hours on my 1st bulb - has to be 1890 by now. Someone reported the brightness DOUBLING by putting in the new bulb (checked it with a meter), but in my controlled light room, its still plenty bright at this lower output level.

I'm REALLY flirting with disaster by not having a spare bulb sitting around - its gonna happen at the WORST possible time - I just know it :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi Jaymer,

I bet you are.

Another line for Murphy's Law.

Play it save and get your spare bulb.

I got mine about three months ago

Take care

Jose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status