AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
part of the confusion is intermingling SIGNAL types and CONNECTOR types.

CURRENT SETUP:

===============

The following signals go to my Denon 5700 a/cv receiver’s “triple RCA†video inputs:

- HDTV (DTC100 via AudioAuthority component wires)1080i

- DVD component (480i)

I then have a 35ft long high quality 3-wire cable that goes from the 5700 to my current projector. the cable connects to the projector via 3 BNC connectors.

to USE the DVD player, i just set my current projector to COMPONENT

to USE the HDTV (1080i), i just set my current projector to HDTV Y Pb Pr

USE LT150 instead of current projector

====================================

what i would like to do is put the LT150 in the same position as the current projector. since it does not accept 3 BNC connectors, i want to get a SHORT (1 ft) CONVERSION cable that has THREE BNC female connectors on the one side, and a D15male connector on the other side.

the cable i need will differ from the breakout cables i’ve seen in the past, since the BNC connectors side should be the female (static prong) type, not the male (twirly ring) type.

1. does this type of conversion cable exist? can i get it from RatShack?

2. will it still work w/ both my signal types? (remember ONLY 3 wires will be connected)

3. will i be able to use it w/ a future progressice DVD player as well?

thks!

[This message has been edited by bossmonkey (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you can find a good 1' BNC-to-HD15 cable, you can use a BNC gender changer to connect the two male (twirly ring) ends together. Here's a link you can look at. Look at the second-to-last picture. I doubt that you'll be able to find a cable like this at Radio Shack, and if you could, it probably wouldn't be very good. I happen to have an 18" 5BNC-to-HD15 cable made by BetterCables that I won't need after this weekend. This is 6" longer than you want and it has two extra conductors, but it would work. This is not from the current "Silver Serpent" line; it is an "Ultra", which was their previous top-of-the-line cable. This was a $100 cable, but I'd let it go for $50 plus shipping. Let me know if you are interested. You could also call Brad at BetterCables and ask him if he could make you exactly what you want; I bet he would.

- Chris

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Yes, that is correct. You only need the R, G and B connectors of the breakout cable. Leave the other two (H and V) disconnected. I just have them dangling in my temporary setup. As I type this, I am watching "The Perfect Storm" on HBO-HD using this type of cable connected to the LT150 and it works great.

[This message has been edited by kem (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
We had a small electronic shop in town that had 3-, 4-, and 5- BNC connectors breakout cables. I was pleasantly surprised. Everything I see on the net are 5-connectors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey Guys,

I ordered 1 rgb breakout for my 150 and got alot extra..

If you need a breakout cable email me..CHEAP,CHEAP!!

A word of advice GET THE 5 WIRE because as you see the cost of BETTER projectors getting cheaper.The better projectors have 5 BNC inputs which are RGB WITH H AND V ALSO!!!

KD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.