AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Advanced Presentation Products today and the rep told me that they have a demo 150 for $3999CAD, that's about $2666US. Is this a fair price? I don't think I can get the Dell deal here North of the boarder, or can I? Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Silo:
I talked to Advanced Presentation Products today and the rep told me that they have a demo 150 for $3999CAD, that's about $2666US. Is this a fair price? I don't think I can get the Dell deal here North of the boarder, or can I? Thanks.
I've been told the CDN price is somewhere around $4,500 so that seems fair - but I would check around.

You can get the Dell deal if:

1. You can get them to accept a credit card with a Canadian billing address.

2. You have a US shipping address.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Keep looking. I got a quote for a new LT150 for $3700CAN just last week. If you want details (I don't like to promote particular vendors on the forum), please private message me.

Ray

------------------

Still looking for that Home Theatre.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Gary: I got one of the "mistake" Dell lt150s and I ordered it from Canada using a Cdn credit card. Don't know if it was a fluke as others have said your CC has to have an american billing address. I had it delivered to an american parcel depot just across the border and picked it up there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys, I'll be going for a demo tomorrow and it'll be the first time I see the LT150 in action. I saw a Dreamvision once, hated it as it probably was not set up properly. I was very impressed with the Runco DLP, but the price was $15000CAD. I'll check around more.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Silo, where are you going to see this thing. I hope that they have it set up well, because it can look very poor under the wrong conditions...

Good luck

Miles

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
388 Posts
It goes for $4,029, new, at a Canadian mail order place.

$3999 for a demo seems too high. This is computer stuff. If it was released a while ago, is a demo, and a new model is about to come out, you are doing them a big favour at $3000.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just got back from our National AV Show and talked to NEC about the NEW LT150z (should be out end of Oct/first of Nov. The LT150z now has a zoom lens and is a little brighter 1000 or 1100, slips my mind right now. Pricing looked to be just a little higher then the last LT150s we got.

Just thought you guys might want an update on these.

------------------

Projector Man

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to the office of Advanced Presentation for the demo. It seems that $3999 is too high for a demo when some of you got the unit for $3700 brand new. I really want to see the unit in action, I've read all about it here. $3700 is now my target price, thanks.

Silo

·
Registered
363 Posts
Silo, I am in Pickering email me if you are not happy with the demo from the dealer and we can try and arrange a time for you to see it in a home theater environment

Miles

------------------

My System Config

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the offer Miles, I just might take your offer if the demo is not good.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Silo,

Try to get the unit for an evening or weekend so you can try it in your home. I did that last weekend for the LT150 and VT540. I did have to pay a rental charge, however, the couple of hundred $$ I spend was worth it.

Ray

------------------

Still looking for that Home Theatre.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.