AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is meant to inform and not alarm. THe LT150 is a great little machine but keep in mind it never received UL approval for ceiling mounting. Now the internal menus etc will allow you to invert the image and Peerless does sell a mount for it no problem. I just want everyone to make sure that you do not try to impede the ventilation in anyway or put the unit too close to a flammable surface( for those of you in Rio Linda ....don't build a hush box out of Balsa wood).

Many of you may have never even seen the unit let alone hold it in your hand. This unit will literally burn your hand if your not careful.( hand directly over the exhaust port). I post this as I received an e-mail from a forum member that I met at INFOCOMM which reminded me of my discussion with CHief MAnufacturing as I was trying to get them to make a mount for me (LT150/85) they do not and will not make a mount for the UL reason. ALso I realize that if anybody is going to ceiling mount this unit it is forum members..so just be smart. I'd rather you watched BAckDraft than to star in your own version of it.

Regards,

JOhn

·
Registered
38 Posts
I made a hushbox and bought a little brushless fan that exhausts ALL heat out. I think if someone is going to spend the time to build a hushbox a small fan of some sort is a MUST!!!

-Kent

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Jose,

Just saying if you are goign to ceiling mount it just be cautios as to what you have surrounding the unit. It is not uncommon to ceiling mount near a back wall where you might have a high bookcase with papers on it or since it is a no zoom..one might be tempted to put it too close to somthing as it can only go that specific distance..

Regards,

JOhn

·
Registered
62 Posts
So basically what you're saying is a BURN IN theater night wouldn't be as well recieved as a DIVE IN theater night?

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I was born just outside of Rio Linda (it's a beautiful place).

If I mount my projector on the ceiling should I reverse the electric plug?

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KB,

Yeah that is what i am saying. Hey if you can e-mail me your address so I can send you the lens cap that I promised you just after the Apollo 13 launch

Good one Robert....

Keep the plug as is...unless you like the image better reversed..

REgards,

john

·
Registered
127 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.