AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my mind one of the best features of this pj. is the ability to display CF JPEG images right off the card reader on board. But ... can the pj. resize those JPEGS bigger than the native matrix?

I have a digicam that shoots wider and taller than the native grid of the LT150, so my pictures get cut off on the right and at the bottom.

Any clues as to how to prevent this on the LT150 software? Any chance of an upgrade from Nec? I hear you, yeah ... rrrright!

--

_ Juanjo

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe I didn't explain it well ...

My camera is a 2.1 megapixel Nikon. It shoots pictures that are 1600x1200, which means 1600-1024 pixels are left out width-wise, and 1200-768 are left out tall-wise.

Basically the pj. can do this (as evidenced by the thumbnail view, which shows pictures in their complete resolution) ... Has anybody tried to muck around with the software?

--

_ Juanjo

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I don't think it would be practical to set up a projector to do scaling on jpeg images, but that is just my guess since it is not something normally done by a projector. I think you will need to do all the scaling on the images on your computer first using something like PaintShopPro or Photoshop.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Shoot, that sort of limits the convenience a bit...

My nikon shoots well beyond 1024X768 and although I am likely to never user the card reader feature since my projector is hanging from the ceiling I had always thought it would be cool to just pop a full card out of the coolpix and into the projector for impromptu slide shows...

I'll officially second that if a projector has a card reader for showing images (ok slides) then it would be really nice if you didn't have to prep the images for a specific resolution first. In other words the display software should have an option to "scale to fit".

If I plug the coolpix into the projector for "slide shows" the coolpix "scales to fit"; and I think this scaling is a common feature now. But it is possible I suppose that I have just become accustomed to the auto scaling builtin to most software jpeg viewers...

Personally though; I'd rather that NEC just remove the card slot, and hence it's cost from the overall price as well. I mean - the projector is all the way up on the ceiling after all... ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
uncledeathmonkey,

Why don't you use the 8 Megapix card that came that Nikon to store some nice static images like "comedy & tradjady", "star scenes", "admit one ticket", etc. (you know what I'm saying) to use as theater previews, intermissions, etc.. Also it would be great to capture a few calibration stills from VE/Avia and capture a few stills from computer generated calibration screens for quick touchups . Heck, no one usually uses the 8M card for very long anyway. Put it in the ceiling mounted PJ, leave it there, write a macro to access em' and volia.

Thump

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thumper,

Not a bad thought! Although I have yet to get my avia disc (on order @ virgin) and the htpc kinda obviates the need for static screens on the projector.

I'm partial to previewing with DD or THX trailer vobs (the simpsons thx trailer is my favorite) - now if theres a way to play a vob from the cardreader let me know!:D

·
Registered
855 Posts
Quote:
Personally though; I'd rather that NEC just remove the card slot, and hence it's cost from the overall price as well. I mean - the projector is all the way up on the ceiling after all...
This is what happens when you use a powerpoint projector for some other purpose. :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thumper;

That's exactly what I did- a 48Mb CF card with 11 folders labeled "Calib", "Hollow(een)", "Batch", etc.

"Calib" has a bunch of computer generated test patterns, as well as a selection of station test patterns, including RTE, BBC, etc.

The "Batch", for "Batchelor Party", has been quite popular, or controversial, depending on the audience...

The "Hollow(een)" folder will get it's public debut tomorrow night.

I also changed the startup logo to a 1024x768 landscape- a green field that I shot last xmas. It took a bit of playing around with to get it down below 64kb, the size limit of the logo sram.

I've also been playing around with the LT150 HTML viewer, but all that I can get it to do is linked text. Might not be so bad for a home version of Jeopardy...

apg

·
Registered
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by uncledeathmonkey
Personally though; I'd rather that NEC just remove the card slot, and hence it's cost from the overall price as well.
I use the card to capture images that I may use in presentations at work. Its a really nice way to do screen capture especially if you have the mouse installed for easy interactivity.

I also like the freeze frame capability that comes along with the image capture. Its a fun toy.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
HTML viewer? I wonder if the thing is networkable.

How cool would that be? Surfing the web with just the projector and no computer.

OK. I'm back to reality now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.