AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went for my first demo of the famous 150. The sales had the LT150, LT155, VT540 side by side on a white wall, S-video in, 50" image, playing Gladiator. He made sure all settings were at 0 for comparison. First of all, I have no problem with the rainbow effect, I could only see it if I keep darting my eyes from side to side, but a bigger image size might make a bigger difference. I saw pixels in the 155 and 540, I had to really get close like 2 feet to see in the 150. What bothered me the most was the reddist hue with the 150, the LCDs had a more natural color, but the DLP gave more impact. The 150 was not as bright. I am sure it can be adjusted. The sales pushed for the 540.

I heard the Piano is really popular in Japan, not too much news here about it.

·
Registered
733 Posts
After seeing these projectors set up throught s-video you're probably wondering why all the fuss over the LT150. Do a search under LT150. If you're only going to use the projector with an s-video hookup then the others will probably do as good as or better job than the LT150. A feed from a progressive scan DVD player or HTPC to the LT150 will reveal a totally different animal.

You need to see for yourself.

Since you're in Toronto you are welcome to come and visit and see for yourself if you're up to the 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive along the 401. Just email me.

Cheers,

Grant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.