AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prices are dropping: www.softwareplus-usa.com/ltpordlpproj.html . Looks decent as it offers 30d satisfaction guarantee on its policy page. This price includes free ground shipping. 15% restocking didn't seem as bad as 20% of most places: www.softwareplus-usa.com/info.html . This price is for credit card or any other payment types. They ship internationally too (not free of course). Thought I'd share with ya'll When it hits $2000 I'm buying :) I'm not sure why people would pay Ebay prices ($2100-$2399 new) when you can buy first hand with better warranty direct for not much more.

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I checked out that link and it says LT150, but the picture shows an LT155 I think. And it's described as polysilicon LCD, so this may be an erroneous listing.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shram, it's the LT150 as they also sell the LT155 for a cool $1000 more: store.yahoo.com/softwareplususa/mtlcdpolproj.html . I also called them and they said it was just a mistake on the description. This site has been dropping by a few dolloars weekly.

------------------

Huey ;-]

[This message has been edited by Huey (edited 08-28-2001).]

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can find cheaper price in www.2buystore.com and even shipping is free!

I'm living in Hong Kong thus I can't buy directly from them since they don't ship to outside of USA.

And their reputation seems better than www.infinity-micro.com and www.lacc.com. you can check it out at http://www.resellerratings.com/.

Maybe I will go to CDW for their reputation even I have to pay $150 more($2490). It will be very headache once I get a DOA or damaged product so I prefer trustable company.

------------------

Jason

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm having trouble locating the LT150 at www.2buystore.com . Could you provide a more direct link? What made you say this site was cheaper? Did you find it on a price search engine? May be you've been doin' some reefer, Reefer :)

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hong Kong folks, if you look at the bottom of the info page of software-plus, it says "international orders must call or email for exact shipping charges". Unless they won't honor their info page and info, they should ship internationally. Software-plus has the best price so far and is rated higher than LA Computers. I called them and they have "plenty" in stock which can be shipped same day if ordered before 12PM EDT (they're in Georgia, USA) I think I'll wait a little longer for lower price :)

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Reefer

I'm living in Hong Kong too and very interested in buying LT150. In fact, I have just sent an email to softwareplus but their reply is simply "no international order".

After all, do you know where I can place the order, or what is CDW that you mentioned ?

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
39 Posts
Huey,

It seems they just increased price from 23?? to 26??. I have checked price several hours ago and it was that price.

Jason,

Lacc requested wire transfer for payment but I prefer to use my CC especially when I deal with online company. If you search around with the link I provided above, you may want to order other place lather than lacc.

CDW also requests wire transfer but if you have AMEX, maybe some possibility you can use your AMEX on ordering.

------------------

Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Reefer

I'm still struggling in which online store I should buy the LT150 from Hong Kong.

Just wonder if you have place your order yet. Any advise for me ?

CDW's price is a bit higher but looks more reliable.

LACC's price is lower but it gots a few customer complaint in www.resellerratings.com before.

K.Kwok

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey Reefer,

Will you have to pay customs tax if they ship the product from the USA to you there in HK? I am worried about this as I live in Taipei, Taiwan, but I go to HK often and have friends there I can have the projector shipped too. Do you know about the import taxes in HK? Also, how high would the shipping charges be?

If there is no taxes, I will begin having everything shipped over there then hand carry it back to Taiwan. Books, a digital camera, GSM phone etc. There is a lot I have been waiting to buy. Taiwan is cheap on some things, like computer parts and lately clothes, but not projectors. The internet prices in the USA seem to be cheaper than any place in the world.

Hobart

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Hi Hobart,

I'm in HK, here has NO import tax for consumer product.

Once you get the LT150, contact me and I'll show you the banding/posterization/feathering/dithering/matrix motion artifact I talked about in my LT150 review thread!

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobart:
Hey Reefer,

Will you have to pay customs tax if they ship the product from the USA to you there in HK? I am worried about this as I live in Taipei, Taiwan, but I go to HK often and have friends there I can have the projector shipped too. Do you know about the import taxes in HK? Also, how high would the shipping charges be?

If there is no taxes, I will begin having everything shipped over there then hand carry it back to Taiwan. Books, a digital camera, GSM phone etc. There is a lot I have been waiting to buy. Taiwan is cheap on some things, like computer parts and lately clothes, but not projectors. The internet prices in the USA seem to be cheaper than any place in the world.

Hobart
Hong Kong is a free port. There is no import tax except cigaretter, wine, vehicle and petrol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.