AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to demo the LT150 last night and hooked it up to my DTC-100. I wanted to see how well it handled 1080i. It worked, but the aspect ratio seemed a little off. On my 80 inch wide screen, I measured a picture, 36 inches high. That is a little short of 45 inches needed for an aspect ratio of 16/9. It was connected via the 15 pin RBG cable. When I changed the channel to a non HDTV station, the aspect ratio was correct. Since the DTC-100 up-converts non HDTV channels to 540p, about that many lines of the 768 available line were active. When I connect the DTC-100 to a computer monitor, the aspect ratios are correct in both modes.

The "info" portion of the LT150 correctly identified both modes... 1080i and 540p.

Any one else have this or similar setup/problem? Is this a problem with the projector or receiver? I have the exact same problem with my Davis DLX10, but since it does not claim to support 1080i, I thought it was a problem with the projector.

I really like the LT150, but I need it to work with HDTV and will have to pass on it if I can't get it to work.

------------------

-Tony

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump!

------------------

-Tony

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Aspect Ratio setting is not available with the RGB input. It may be available in the Component input, but the DTC-100 does not have that type of output.

------------------

-Tony

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After talking with NEC tech support, changing the "screen size" of the DTC-100 from 4/3 to 16/9 solved the problem. It now displays the proper aspect ratio.

------------------

-Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.