·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Equipment:

LT150

DTC-100, RGB to proj

HTPC, Radeon (1024x768x60)

Everything had been working great. I don't know what if anything changed. Image through the HTPC is fine. When using the DTC100, regular 4x3 channels no longer fill the whole panel. They seem to be cropped into a 16x9 segment of the panel. HD signals are also not right.

I have messed with the screen format, and retrace timing settings to no avail. Retrace timings have no effect at all. Screen format settings will change the image, but it is still always cropped into the "16x9" panel. I've never tried it (no progressive component sources hooked up), but it seems like the projector thinks it is in the cinema mode even though its in rgb.

I hooked the DTC up to a regular monitor, and the picture is normal.

I tried resetting the projector to factory defaults for all sources.

Using the horiz, vert, clock, and phase settings moves the image around in the same "16x9" panel.

When looking at the info page with the DTC connected, the projector sees a 540P signal 59.xx refresh.

This is a new problem, all had been working well. HTPC signal fills the panel.

Any ideas?? This one really has me stumped!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just tried a Toshiba 5109 in progressive mode. Works fine. Sure enough the aspect ratio option became available. I switched to cinema mode. This is exactly what my image looks like in RGB mode (except for nasty cropping). Switched back to Normal mode, and tried RGB again. No luck.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

jeff

[This message has been edited by greenhut (edited 08-19-2001).]

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
greenhut,

Just a thought, make sure you are not in native mode on the pj. Sounds like maybe autoadjust is off and native is on. I believe that is the only way this can happen since in RGB mode no aspect ("cinema") mode control is available.

------------------

plug in to play

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Greenhut,

OK, now you've got mine doing it! RGB mode, HTPC feed running RAGE (I know, I Know) card with WinDVD on a laptop.

Took a while, but I tried ALL the combo's of the following.

Oh, by the way I don't have PHASE and Clock control at the PJ level with RGB - maybe I misunderstood you and that is something you have available on the DTC100?

Anyway I messed with Auto off and then both native and auto.

Then I used autoadjust on - so no native/auto selection.

Also at play was selecting the 4 combo's of monitor -

LT150 primary Laptop off

LT150 primary laptop primary ( weird huh?)

LT150 secondary laptop primary (overlay prob so no pix)

LT150 primary laptop secondary

Only with both as primary did the picture look right and centered. otherwise the leterboxed pix was shifted down and part was gone. laptop as only primary was always correct.

The picture was wrong on the 150 when the ref rate was 60.33 but ok when 59.xx .

I know you said this was happening when your ref rate was 59.xx so I don't know what gives.

FWIW, I was trying to track down a probably unrelated something having to do with fuzzy pictures.

We are probably experiencing some known something that is already discussed in the archives somewhere, hope hope. let us know what you do/don't turn up.

------------------

plug in to play

·
Registered
653 Posts
I posted about this problem a couple of weeks ago . It appears that when the LT150 is fed a 540p/1080i signal, it automatically squeezes the material and displays it in native mode. It appears you would need to transcode to component outputs in order to get aspect ratio control although I haven't tried it yet. If you figure out a workaround, please post your solution.

It seems to me that the LT150 should be capapble of aspect ratio control on the RGB input. Perhaps there is a service mode setting to address this?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it seems like I imagined that it was working... Maybe that's because when I first got the projector, all I used was the HD channel from the DTC-100. Then content set in :)

Anyway, it's still too bad this is not supported!

jeff

·
Registered
653 Posts
Distro, are you saying that it working for you, or are you just making a recommendation? On my DTC-100, it is seemingly impossible to fill the entire panel no matter what the settings are on, 4:3, 16:9, crop, fill. It appears that native resolution is always used with the DTC-100's vga output. Of course, you could hook it up via s-video, but then you have to use the LT150's deinterlacer.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I do have both but my statement was made from memory. Now you have me thinking!? Lets refresh, the DTC-100 has two modes... 1080i when displaying a HTDV source and 540p with all others. I will try different combinations to-nite and report soon.

------------------

-Tony

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
ehhmm... I'm going to be totally newbie here.. but I see the DTC-100 mentioned all the time, yet no one tells me what it is... it's driving me nuts. Anyone care to enlighten me?

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
813 Posts
Frode, they're talking about the RCA DTC-100 DSS-HDTV receiver.

------------------

Sergio R.

[This message has been edited by LMDA1 (edited 08-20-2001).]

·
Registered
485 Posts
Try telling the DTC-100 that you have a 4*3 screen connected and not a 16*9.

------------------

-Tony

·
Registered
150 Posts
When looking at the monitor adjustments (retrace I think), I remember seeing something about one of the setting being for component or RGB output. Has anyone tried to hook the DTC100 to the LT150 with Pin 13 and 14 snipped?

Maybe the DTC100 will auto-switch to component ... well a guy can dream right?

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you search on component inputs for the LT150, you'll find plenty of info to make this work.

Essentially, with the RGB input, you have to use a break out cable in order to maintain aspect ratio control.

Kelly

·
Registered
653 Posts
Kelly, as far as I know, the DTC-100 has no component output. Only RGB. I don't believe there is a setting on the DTC-100 to output YUV colorspace on its VGA connector. I have a VGA cable with the pins removed for my Skyworth. I can try it, but I doubt it will work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's not just the RCA, I'm having the same problem with the RGB output out of the Sony. I can get the 4x3 letterbox setting on the Sony to fill the entire widescreen on normal material, but cannot get the 16x9 image to display correctly. I'm still getting those nasty white horizontal lines across the top of the screen. I got those same lines on a DTC-100 and InFocus LP350 projector. No idea. I guess I'll use the component output from the Sony, but that means I have to transcode the RGB signal out of my HTPC. Damn.

Steve

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
On a similar note, when using HTPC with an HDTV card, I was unable to output 1080i properly with LP350, but it worked fine when the output was changed to 720p. It seems that the projector just did not like the high-resolution interlaced signal, and distorted the image.

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
485 Posts
Steve,

I got those white lines on my LT-150 as well, with the DTC-100. The only way I was able to get rid of them was to do a "factory default" or reset of the pj. Afterwords, do not press the "auto" while using the DTC-100 or they seem to come back.

------------------

-Tony

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.