AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to have 2 circular areas show up on the screen on opposite sides at the top. before i went into the pj to blow some air, it seemed that these two areas have now been replaced by many more indistinct areas across the the top of the screen.

its almost in the pattern of several big hand-prints.

this was before i first opened it up.

4 times so far, i've gone in and blown compressed air around, but it doesn't seem to be 'changing this pattern'.

if i were actually affecting the dust in there, i would expect it to show up in different places after each 'blow job'.

should i be trying to take out the lens and clean the back side of that?

should i just keep going into where the dmd panel is (from my vantage point, all i can see are mirrors) and using the compressed air?

i may look to pick up a bicycle pump tonight, so i don't have to worry about anything leaking out, but should i also be concerned about loosening anything by blowing too hard or in the wrong place?

i called NEC and they told me dust wasn't covered under customer care :(.

the service place they recommended said it would probably run $175 for a good cleaning (assuming they don't find anything else wrong with it :rolleyes: ).

they also said that broken or off pixels could also give the same effect as dust.

thought taking care of dust spots was a simple routine procedure?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.