AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with a Dell represenative. Unit is scheduled to be "built?" on July 24 and with overnight shipment that should put it in my hands on July 25.

We'll see......

--Les

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks for the update - I am becoming very cautiously optimistic!

------------------

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

·
Registered
774 Posts

I mentioned this briefly in another post, but this seems to be a recurring theme. People are calling Dell and asking the same questions and yet getting differing answers.

One person calls and can't get the 5% discount, someone else asks for it and gets it, yet others are automatically offered it by the sales rep.

In the case of shipping dates, we are hearing that some have been shipped, some are due to be shipped this week, or that it will take up to 8 weeks.

Just this morning, a sales rep said it was supposed to be shipped by July 31st but that there could be delays. What type of delays? Standard answer of possible stock problems, but then I'm told that this item can't be tracked like standard Dell items evidently because it is not being prepared and delivered from their facilities.

What are the real answers? Based on the information (and misinformation) coming straight from Dell, I'd venture that we won't know for sure until people start getting these things. And further, that no one at Dell will know for sure either.

Large grains of salt are now being distributed at incredibly low prices. Plus take an additional 5% off...maybe. Delivery of said salt will be....soon...promise.

:)

-- Greg

·
Registered
458 Posts
According to Dell, mine is "on the dock" waiting to be shipped. As to when, I don't know. Doesn't matter much to me. I'll get it when I get it. (and I probably won't have that much time to play with it, since in a couple of weeks, I'll be out of town for a week.)

Jason

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't know if this is applicable to Dell or not. But another vendor that I spoke with a few weeks ago claimed that the LT150s are always "droppped shipped from NEC" no matter who you get them from and are not actually kept in stock, although their website indicated that the projectors were in stock. I know this not always the case, because I ended up ordering my projector from Presenting Solutions who I know actually had it in stock. FYI, Presenting Solutions claims on their website that they will price match for those of you who haven't ordered one yet. Worth a try anyway...

·
Registered
441 Posts
Has anyone received one yet?

Seems a little disconcerting that many have paid for overnight delivery but no-one has received the projector.

Are Dell and Cygnus new partners?

·
Registered
280 Posts
In the major thread on this issue I just happily posted that my order status on the Dell website finally reads "SHIPPED." I ordered last Thursday, paid for next-day delivery, and until 1:00 this afternoon, the order was in "delivery prep."

However, when the website continued to provide no tracking number, I called my salesman, and he said "Shipped" really means "ready to be shipped" and that the order may still be in the warehouse.

I teach classical mythology. To me, "the wooden horse is inside the walls of Troy" does not mean the same thing as "the horse is still on the beach."

I am holding for a customer service rep as we speak. I am prepared for anything now. Maybe the Dell LT150 is also a myth.

Mike

UPDATE: After holding for 35 minutes I finally reached a customer service rep. Polite young man. He confirmed the doubletalk my salesman had given me: that "SHIPPED" on the Order Status page did not MEAN shipped until a checkmark appeared in the green arrow. He said that my order was in the "confirmed" stage and there PROBABLY was a physical package WAITING to be shipped. But he also said that, according to his information, there had been no change at all in my status since last Thursday.

All I want to know is what day to be at home for UPS. If it's another week, OK. I just wish Dell would get in touch with Webster's.

[This message has been edited by catullus (edited 07-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by catullus (edited 07-23-2001).]

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by catullus:
However, when the website continued to provide no tracking number, I called my salesman, and he said "Shipped" really means "ready to be shipped" and that the order may still be in the warehouse.
FWIW, I bought a PC from Dell early last year. When the status finally showed as shipped, I waited a day or so for a tracking number before calling Dell. I called Dell and they said they'd get back to me. They did a day or so later - on the same day my tracking number arrived.

Though their website says "realtime" I somehow doubt it. I'll personally believe the deal when projector is in hand. (I ordered one Thursday as well.)

Sam

·
Registered
280 Posts
Another Dell-icious bit of Alice-in-Wonderland nonsense:

Two of the Dell reps I spoke to today, the ones who could not absolutely confirm my projector had shipped or ever would ship, also said that the shipping process had gone too far for me or anyone at Dell to cancel it. Say WHAT?

Everybody SMILE like a Cheshire cat! We will make it through this, even if we look like Humpty-Dumpty by the end.

Mike

·
Registered
267 Posts
Did you get the name of the sales rep who told you that? If they're telling you that the sales is irrevocable, they're definitely obligated to deliver.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the name and the extension of my original salesman, who was the first to say, "Too late to stop it now." He is also taking the day off today. Good strategy, after Alan's new post about the Dell projectors having no warranty.

Even though an NEC rep later this morning told me they WOULD honor the warranty, I am not so sure. Maybe I don't want Dell to deliver after all.

Mike

P.S. Now watch them suddenly drop ship a hundred projectors, without warranty, then claim "Final Sale--Closeout!" and not take any of them back. My salesman DEFINITELY did not specify an "All Sales Final" clause in my purchase. That is something I WILL fight over!

[This message has been edited by catullus (edited 07-24-2001).]

·
Registered
20 Posts
/delurk

Newb here,

Jumped on the bandwagon, ordered one (or maybe two, who knows with the fouled up web-order and no confirmation process). Hope it turns out, love the idea of watching a few movies this weekend on an eye-bleedingly large screen. And a big thank you to Dell and this forum. Not necessarily in that order.

I hate to delurk with a couple of negative comments, but I'm not entirely sure that I am happy with the Dell experience:

1. An in-stock item ordered with overnight shipping still has not shipped 5.5 days (3.5 business days) after the order.

2. Different answer every time you call in to a support rep. Ranging from "it says right here on your order that it will ship on the 24th," to "It says backordered so I don't know when it will ship."

3. HORRIBLE real-time automated order status, via phone or online. I design real-time systems, it's not that hard, so that leaves the fact that someone really doesn't *want* there to be real-time order tracking. Wait, I could just be being moody.

HOWEVER,

I'm sure all will be forgiven the first time Milla says, "Multipass?"

-Olo

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Before I purchased I got a quote. It includes the standard 15% restock fee language. About warranties, my company is a dell house. We have warranty issues from time to time and their service is ususally good, sometimes a little slow, but they have beenreal good about resolving problems for us.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I just got an e-mail from Dell stating that my ship date of 7/24/2001 would be missed. The new expected ship date is now 8/6/2001.

I had ordered late on Thursday night and received my order confirmation Friday morning, so if others ordered after Thursday their wait may be longer than expected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
An update, just called Dell's order status inquiry line at 800-433-9014, and my lt150 was shipped today via Fedex overnight service.

Peter C

----------------

I placed order through Dell's website on Thuresday and thr original shipping date was 7/24, and I have just received a delay notice from Dell, and the shipping date is 8/6.

-------------------

******This message was automatically generated. Please do not respond to

this e-mail****

Thank you for placing your order with Dell. This notice is to provide an

update on your software and accessories order # xxxxxxxxx.

This order has missed or could potentially miss the estimated ship date

quoted to you. The new estimated ship date for your software and

accessories order is 8/6/01. *Note: If your order contains a computer

system this potential delay does not affect the shipment of the computer.

Should you wish to cancel any or all of your order due to this delay, call

1-800-289-3355 ext. 66966. Alternatively, for any order items that have

already shipped, we will promptly process a refund, including the return

shipping charges.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and will ship out your order as

soon as possible.

--------------------------

[This message has been edited by pmchen (edited 07-24-2001).]

[This message has been edited by pmchen (edited 07-25-2001).]

·
Registered
344 Posts
My order is also rescheduled for 8/6. I placed my order on Thursday at 1:15 or so EST. Looks like a lot of folks will be waiting a bit longer.

Brian

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FYI:

I received the e-mail for one of my orders. 8/6/01

The other order I still have not heard anything.

--Les

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.