AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished my first DVD using the LT150 (actually..this is my first exp with any FP).

I am really IMPRESSED. Now i am really a newbie to front projection and don't really have anything else to compare to. (ignorance is bliss http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif ) I haven't really started "looking" for rainbows, dithering feathering..etc., etc.,

Without an HTPC and projecting over a white wall (da-lite hipower on the way...) I enjoyed the show tremendously....

Thanks to Grant Smyth..tom lastrange and others in this forum for their valuable insights and comments.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone have pictures of LT150 WITH ambient light and a hi power screen? I am assuming all the earlier pics posted here were taken in a dark room

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump.

Anyone used the LT150 + hi power dalite during daytime in a room with quite a bit of ambient light?

I just tried the LT150 on a white wall during daytime..and as expected the picture is all washed out. I am curious if a hipower screen would help a bit in this situation.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by schintam:
Bump.

Anyone used the LT150 + hi power dalite during daytime in a room with quite a bit of ambient light?

I just tried the LT150 on a white wall during daytime..and as expected the picture is all washed out. I am curious if a hipower screen would help a bit in this situation.
I use the 600 lumens MP1600, which has even less light than the LT150, with a Dalite High Power.

The High Power screen does make a big difference in high ambient light levels. The image can be unwatchable off-axis, but as you move into the sweet spot directly in front of and below the screen (for a floor mounted projector) the image picks up contrast and vibrancy. When viewing in a darkened room, the difference between off-axis and on-axis viewing isn't nearly as striking.

So my answer would be: yes, the High Power screen substantially improves viewing under ambient light, but only when you're viewing right from its sweet spot. And, of course, whether it's watchable even there will be determined by just how much ambient light you've got. But if your projector it's almost watchable with a 1.0 gain screen in your ambient light, then it's probably going to be very watchable in the sweet spot of a High Power. -- Herb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.