AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was watching Monday night football on Directv. I noticed that when a face is being shown, the flesh tone colors are two different colors on the same face. Meaning, the upper and middle part of the face had a slight different color line across the face. I put in a DVD to see if the same effect would occur and it didn't, I'm using component to VGA for my DVD player. So, it only happens using S-video. Has anyone else noticed this and what do you think it is?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Could it be bad cabling or chroma bug? Sometime weaker signals will result in variable colors. Try new, better, shorter cabling and see if problem persists. Try new Svideo source (Svideo from DVD player or SVHS VCR). Does this occur on all channels or just this one? Does it occur with all programs or just football? My LT150 Svideo DVD and SVHS looks fine albeit has scaling and deinterlacing artifacts. HTPC rulez :)

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huey,

I also noticed it on the tv program before the game started. I don't have another s-video source to try yet but, I do have another cable to try. It's strange, I didn't notice this before but I have only had my LT150 for 5 days. When the face on the screen moves, the flaw moves with the image. I will try another cable tonight to see if it still exist, by the way I made the s-video cable I'm using, maybe that's the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.