AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are lots of comments, rumors, and general noise flying about the Dell sale of the LT150. Your answers might clear a little of the confusion.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I called in an order on the last day for any discount (i.e., I got the $2060 price or near that). I can see the "order status" for my order on the web site (it's "preparation") and am not worried because I was told I'd be included in an early August ship date and thus don't expect to see any "action" of the Dell web site for a while.

I guess I'm on the other extreme of people who are looking for any indication of their order being lost or modified, etc.

Maybe that's because I'll be only slightly disappointed if it doesn't come off (but I'm 90% confident that I'll get it). I'm more worried about rainbows, noise, heat and spouse than anything to do with either Dell or NEC.

...but best of luck to everyone!

·
Registered
118 Posts
terryb45,

I did a telephone order on Monday, 7/23. For whatever this is worth, as I mentioned in another thread, I spoke to a Customer Service rep today and was assured that my LT150 would ship on Mon, 7/30. We will see.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered mine by phone on that Thursday ( should we come up with some name for it..."800:1 Black Thursday" ) and UPS has it, on its way to me by Monday. My credit card has been offically charged also ( at the 1700 price )

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not me. I ordered Sat.21 with a 25th ship date. Called them 25th and they said "it's gonna ship that evening". Called back on Thursday for a tracking # and they said, nope and we don't have any info on a ship date. Doesn't look like my card has been charged but I have a order number that seems valid?!?!?!?

I'm just gonna wait til Monday and let my wife call her Dell rep. Her IS dept. orders lots of Dell stuff, maybe she can get some attention. I don't mind waiting if they wanna delay to avoid the leather case rebate thing, just don't wanna be waiting on nothing since website shows stock.

If this is indicative of normal Dell customer service I don't see how they have grown their business like they have (or had!).

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i ordered mine by phone on Sat morning also. he told me it would get out by the end of the week (he was very vauge and wouldn't give me a definite ship date). i worked it out and confirmed with him "so about five days to get it packed and shiped out, and another 5 days for it to get to me?" and he said yeah i could expect it in about 10 business days.

if i'm worried at all its because

1) i spread the payment over 2 credit cards, so i can just see a situation where the screw up charging one card and that invalidates the entire order

2) i have no written confirmation of the order, no invoice. i DID get confirmation of my registering with the order watch, but that gives no info on the actual order...just the #. i'd much rather have something more concrete, like a detailed e-mailed invoice. the sales guy never even asked for an e-mail address(?!)

3) at this point i don't care if its delayed a week or two, but if they have them in stock, i expect to have one in my hands in reasonable time period.

i've been in delivery prep the entire week, and my sales rep has been MIA the whole time. i don't even bother leaving a message cause i know he won't get back to me (unless i use the ruse that i need to order some other equip...that might get a response).

i'll have to call my charge card tomorrow and see if they billed it yet. that should tell something i can't find out from Dell.

i'm getting really sick of thinking about this.

i feel like Bob, not getting it doesn't have me as concerned as getting it and finding out it won't work out for me after all...and all my fevered dreams of a real HT for under $2500, flutter out the window.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here. Ordered Sat. 21st and have been stuck in delivery prep on Dell's site for the past week. I haven't checked my CC company yet. I'll just wait and see but for the price I'm not too worried when it arrives(sooner is always better than later though).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.