Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone getting strange results on HD sync through the VGA input? I'm using the Sony HD100 Box RGB output. 4x3 picture many times is shifted to the right, HD native image sometimes shifts down an inch or so on the fly and then corrects itself, and four horizontal white lines appear at the top of my widescreen. Odd, even with the auto adjust turned on. Just curious if anyone else is getting perfect sync results utilizing RGB inputs using the DTC-100, Sony HD100, or other RGB out HD receiver.

Steve

·
Registered
62 Posts
Using a DTC100, I also am getting the white lines at the top and a 4x3 image shifted to the right, but neither truly bothers me. I can move the 4x3 (and 16x9) image left and right quite a bit with the DTC100's controls. With a 16x9 image, I can never get the entire image to fit in the panel--as I move the image to the left, more and more of it disappears over the edge. At the leftmost setting, the image is still slightly too much to the right, as can be seen by 4x3 images and the centers of 16x9 images (at least according to where things like the Paramount logo show up) being offset a bit to the right. I'm not too worried, though. I think that this is just a reasonable amount of overscan that I'm perfectly willing to live with. All of the action, network logos, and other important information seem to be up there on the screen; the overscan seems to be only about 5%; and what I do see of the images are truly 16x9 and 4x3 as measured with a tape measure.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am having the exact same problem with my DTC-100 (in addition to the inability to get a 4:3 image in any way)

I have been looking for a reason to get a DirecTivo in the theater ... I think this is it.

What are the options for receiving DTV broadcast signals?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't think the 4 white lines at the top is a DTC100 or HDTV problem. I got the same 4 white lines when running RGB (with sync on green) from a progressive DVD player to the LT150 in RGB mode. There seems to be something about RBG signals to the LT150 that causes this. I wonder if a direct computer connection on RGB would show this?

------------------

Scott Barnhart
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.