AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting with a GS (Grant Smyth) set up, i.e. LT150 and a High-Power screen (thanks for the recommendations Grant). I'm really impressed what this small monster is capable to do. I noticed a problem thought which I don't know is a due to a defect in my particular unit. While calibrating the black level with the Avia DVD, I noticed horizontal "stripes" if the picture is very bright. There is approx. 6 of them spread out over the whole picture with equal spacing between them. If I stand very close to the screen I can see that there are two horizontal lines with grayish pixels instead of white. Has anyone else noticed this?

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Are you sure they're horizontal (left-right) and not vertical (up-down)? If they're vertical it's a synch issue. Press auto adjust on your remote until it synchs. Alternately try manually adjusting clock and phase.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes,it's a Horizontal (left-right). I'm using a component progressive signal. If I'm remember right the auto sync only works for RGB.

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
hmm.. forgot auto adjust didn't work there. Try manually adjusting clock and phase. I know that's possible at least.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem was actually of a less technical nature. I noticed to day, it is the screen itself, which is the source of the problem. You don't notice it unless you shine some light on the screen, then it just doesn't reflect the same amount of light every 20th centimeter. Have any one had this problem with the High-power (model B)?

------------------

BR /// Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.