AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
You have to at least have the front where the remote sensor is clear. It's right below the lens, and if the lens isn't clear, your projector is pretty much unusable ;)

So if you plan on an inch more than the lens opening to be clear, the rest is essentially irrelevant.

But do watch your airflow, which isn't irrelevant!

Regards,

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
There are IR ports in front and rear of LT150. You have to allow a clear spot for the IR remote. Genernally if you allow a clear opening for image projection, it should be large enough to allow IR remote to enter.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does the remote work well enough to bounce off the wall and back into the eye?

Sorry for all of the questions but I'm building a ht room right now and want to cover these considerations before I go too far :)

Bill

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Yep, it works best if you aim at screen to bounce back to table top mode. Not sure about ceiling mode but I'm assuming it would as it bounced well for me :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
You could also buy an IR transmitter/receiver combo. Set up the receiver near your screen and point your remote there.

Check www.smarthome.com

Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bill, I'm with Scott on this one -- I purchased a Xantech IR kit with 25' extension cable for around $70. It works very well controlling the Lt150. If I was doing another room however, I'd purchase the nice looking IR reciever that fits into a Decora style switch plate.

Regards,

Drew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.