Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody and LT150 users/experts,

How is the performance of LT150 with 480i input? Does it have any internal doubler or scaler built in? Is it as good as LP340/LP350? Since I don't want to buy another DVD player or Iscan Pro line doubler that will increase my budget.

Please post you comments here, thanks.

Benny

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The LP350 had a great scaler. Don't believe that is available except used. Lt150 has a better picture according to many.

At less than $200 a panasonic rp56 dvd player should seriously be considered for use with the LT150. It makes a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
LP350 will have better deinterlacer and scaler than LT150. On progressive sources, LT150 will beat LP350 in all fields (colors, contrast) except for brightness where LP350 will win at 1300 lumens. Problem with LP350 is bulb tend to blow earlier than its rated 2000 hours due to poor mesh filter design around bulb. You'll need prog. DVD player or HTPC with LT150 if you want good DVD picture. Svideo DVD is good but not great. Small details like license plates on cars are not as crisp on Svideo as on progressive component/VGA input. If you were to spend 2.2K for LT150 I would spend $220 for RP56 Panasonic Prog. DVD player. You can save money by making your own screen (check screen forum for help).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But then what about interlaced Component input? Is it MUCH better then S-input?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes, it is much better than s-video. The first few weeks of my LT-150 I fed it with interlaced component video and thought it look very good if a touch blurry.

drewman

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the ppl reply to my question! Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.