Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone

I have the lt150 with HTPC and dalite screen .. when projecting an image I always see a border of light around the image ( specially noticable in dark screens ) ..any help on whats causing this .. is there a way around it .. I do have black masking about 2 inches but the light is I guess around 6-7 inches .. it is very distracting in dark screens ..

any help is greatly appreciated

thank you

Zee

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Its the dreaded digital halo. I have it on my D-ILA. The only way around it is more black or DARK colored masking I'm afraid.

Larry

------------------

G15 D-ILA

Lexicon MC1 7.1 system

Radeon Based HTPC

NHT, velodyne & bag end speaker systems

Panasonic, Dish, HDTV recording setup.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just set up my LT150 and watched "The Gift" (great flick!). Not only do I get a 4-5" halo on a 80" screen, but I get a semicircle arc of light about two feet above the image.

Awesome picture, but a hush box and masking is direly needed for this projector!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Lurker #25,

I had the same light around the picture you did until I figured out what it was. I was light reflected from the table I had put the projector on. Just moving the projector should fix it.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
168 Posts
I seem to remember that the Infocus LP350 had a pretty serious halo and light spill problem too, and that installing a plate of some sort to block the halo light fixed this. I'll hunt for a link tonight.

Grant's masking setup is awesome, but would not fit with the aesthetics in my temporary HT. When I get my house built, I plan on using a dedicated room with a masking like Grant's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.