AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I got my 150, hook up to JVC 723 progressive dvd player.

Projector is sitting on top of coffee table and the distance to the wall is about 14ft. No screen yet. I'm very satisfy with picture and believe I have made a excellent choice. The dvd player is set at 16x9 and the 150 is set at cinema mode. Besides the black bar on top and bottum. My entire picture has a inch frame all around the picture??? is that normal??How can I get rid of it?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
This is normal. Your permanent screen should have a black border so that this spill is absorbed.

Once you do that, life is pretty good ;-)

Regards,

·
Registered
93 Posts
My set up.

I don't use masking for my screen because my set up is in the living room and my wife won't allow the black "curtains"

My projector sits inside a kitchen cabinet drawer with a formica counter top made to fit on top. These are all left over items from my uncle's kitchen remodleing project so it cost me nothing.

This works really well for me. I modified the drawer so the face opens with a hinge. The drawer itself acts as zoom and the whole cabinet acts as a hush box.

I've recently blocked off most of the front drawer opening to further quell the sound of the beast and I constructed a series of sliding cardboard pieces that mask the screen at the projector end. One for each aspect ratio.

This set up works great and now I am currently seeking a small fridge to fit in the bottom part of the cabinet which is currenty unused and thus wasted space.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Mojodeli is on the right track- keep it simple and self-contained. My LT150 normally sits on top of the 5.1 receiver, which sits on top of the video, which sits on top of the $10 minifridge that I picked up at a garage sale.

When the fridge's compressor kicks in, I consider it to be the effects channel for the LT150 fan noise- nicely rounds out the spectrum.

However, my ultimate solution is in the works- an old Apollo DN460, gutted, with the fridge mounted in the back, and the electronics racks mounted on the front. It's on casters, and there is enough room for a UPS. The LT150 sits on top, about 30" from the floor, along with a Mac Cube.

Portable, if a little awkward to handle; but it's a complete home entertainment center.

I'm still designing the UPS system; it's planned to supply power for 2+ hours off of a battery bank either at home, or from the batteries in my MB pickup truck.

apg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.