AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm still having a hard time calibrating this sucker. after much more positive experiences the 2nd night, i went back today and restored all the setting to the factory defaults. not an improvement. my factory defaults are pretty far off. natural 2 is orange, saturated, and blown out. fiddling with the picture settings only does so much since i'm starting from a pretty unpleasant looking raw gamma setting.

i'll pick up Avia tomorrow, but i was just curious if anybody else feels the need to re-calibrate from movie-to-movie or scene to scene, like i did.

one thing i did notice before i went back to the default settings-i can get by with the color cranked down quite a bit...maybe only 20-30%.

Do any of you fool around with your white balance?

does anybody have any good settings for thoses specifically?

i did a search on gamma & settings but didn't dig up much.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
You don't mention what source you are using. If you are using a Radeon based HTPC with the ATI player load up MikeM/s/DC's reg file, restore factory defaults on the LT150, leave it at natural gamma 1 for everything, and finally bring up the brightness a few notches on the LT150. This is essentially what I am running and besides my reds be the slightest bit orange (working on this) it is fantaboulous!

------------------

System info: LT150, Dalite 57X77 Matte & HP, P3 700, ATI Radeon 64mb VIVO, ATI 7.1 player, WinDVD 2.6.4, WinME

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm just using a lowly interlaced singnal thru s-video.

i guess thats part of the problem, huh.

i've noticed with my rear view, that when i hooked up various progressive scan players, the image tends to get darker with the progressive signal (it happened with the sony 700p and the pioneer 434..can't remember if it happened with the toshiba 5109) so once thats hooked up i suppose i'll be recalibrating everything all over again anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.