AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using my LT150 on and off again for the last week. I'm projecting onto a white wall and using the standard S-Video input.

I've been quite pleased to date with this modest setup and I am eager to see what my LT150 can do when projected onto a High Power Screen using a progressive player.

However, tonight I had a sudden surprise. Once I turned on my projector, the picture was quite faded. There was a sort of white fog all over the entire picture (uniform and encompassing 100% of the entire screen). Once I powered off my projector and powered it back on, the fog disappeared. I had never seen this before.

Does anyone know what this is? Is it a known bug? I seem to remember somewhere someone (Grant perhaps?) posting a similar probelm that had something to do with AC power.

Any suggestions? It's a livable problem. I'm just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don,

I have seen the same problem on my LT150. What I get is instead of the typical blue screen that appears at start-up, a white screen sometimes appears. Once I power off the machine and back on the problem has disappeared. Grant has mentioned that unplugging the machine's power between uses reduces the problem to a manageable extent. I agree, and don't feel the problem is serious enough for a repair visit.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Just sharing information...

I've had mine plugged in since day 1, about 1 1/2 months and have never experienced any problems...go figure!

I have over 250hrs already on the projector.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have seen this on a couple of business PJs at work. Apparently it locks up sometimes requiring a hard boot - that is power down and disconnect plug. We had the Ask A9+ in for repairs once for this and they couldn't find the fault as it was very intermittent. In the end we just re-booted it the few times it happened and it works fine.

I would not recommend sending your PJ in for repairs or anything like that unless the problem is easily reproducible. Until then you'll just have to live with the fact that it glitches sometimes. Happens to most digital projectors really, but those with heat problems (and unstable power currents) are more prone to it.

Don't worry about it http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have mine hooked into a power cord with a switch and once the fan shuts off I flip the switch. Since doing this (came to me in my sleep) I have not had a problem! I think shutting it down and then restarting it forces the projector to "reboot" itself and follow a proper sequence - who knows? See my post "LT150 Unplugged".

Cheers,

Grant

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.