Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger:
They were at 1799. The made a big mistae.

Since a number of folks are reporting they are going to take you up on your 15% restocking policy, shall we be expecting a B-stock sale soon? Assuming Dell honors their price, of course.

:)

Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I certainly those who ordered from Alan don't do the restock thing. It would be a pretty low way to treat the people who make this forum possible.

I was going to order one from AVS but they don't take Amex.

Steve

------------------
Steve's Stuff

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
With due respect to the owners of this board, I can not see how Dell could back out of confirmed orders. Numerous posters detailed how they asked at order time to confirm the price. It was confirmed.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Dodds:
I certainly those who ordered from Alan don't do the restock thing. It would be a pretty low way to treat the people who make this forum possible.
Yes, I agree that it would be unfortunate for folks to do that but a policy is a policy. I think this community is great but it is 2 parts: the hardware/software and the members. Neither would be very effective without the other. I, too, appreciate the platform avsscience gives us, and I'm sure AVS doesn't mind the business is gains from the forum. (I will likely be ordering a Stewart screen from AVS before the year is out. Without this forum, I wouldn't have know that AVS was a dealer.)

I have my doubts that Dell will honor their price; at least for everyone. I ordered mine early and called customer service. There didn't seem to be a problem with the order or the price but I won't be surprised to see that change in a day or three. Reports are varied as to Dell's intentions so I hope for an authoritative message from Dell soon.

Sam

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Dell still has them listed for $1770.95 on their site.You would think that if it's an error they would fix it quickly.

------------------

Clark Burk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anyone have a URL for this?

------------------

Best regards

Lars

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi

Thanks for the link. Is there any chance that I can orden one, even if I'm outside the US (Denmark)?

------------------

Best regards

Lars

·
Registered
873 Posts
No shipment out of the country.

They are now sold out. More stock may be arriving. I'm expecting a call tomorrow to confirm. Originally there were approximately 15 units, all of which sold today.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Trust me it is wrong. That price was for another lcd projector.

I5t was a miss quote.

If someone gets one they lucked out. I just called again as a customer and its a no go.

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Kelly

Thanks for the answer.

Any chance any of AVS guys wanting to help me getting one of these from Dell (at that price, if it pans out)?

------------------

Best regards

Lars

·
Registered
846 Posts
Bought one for the heck of it with overnight shipping.

When you track the order number you get:

DELAYED

One or more items ordered is not currently on hand at the distribution facility and a new supply of the item (s) has been ordered.

--Les

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.