AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching the NEC LT150 price for a week or so and the best prices have been hovering around $3250. Seems that just today (7/3), most e-tailers bumped it to up to around $3900. It's still at a couple of places at the lower price...

------------------

Tom L.
my-wannabe-home-theater

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Arrgghh!!! Where's my wallet?!?

Thanks for the heads up.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
280 Posts
In a way I hope NEC does jack up the price on the LT150. I have been on the verge of buying one, because of the black level, etc. (I even have an NEC component-to-RGB cable ready to hook up my progressive scan DVD player.)

But the negative features of the projector--high bulb cost per hour, lack of zoom--have made me hesitate, even at $3200 (and most of those places with the really low prices have tricky return policies anyway, and restocking fees up to 20%--be sure to read the fine print).

In any case, farewell 150. As good as it apparently is, it is still last year's star, and there is so much refinement in the new projectors on the horizon.

Mike

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's all about tradeoffs. Stuck pixels, dust, hush boxes, rainbows, high bulb cost, high projector cost, internal scaler suckage, calibration, throw distance, etc.

I've been on the fence for a year waiting for the next great projector. I imagine I'll get plenty of use out of a $3200 LT150 until the perfect projector comes along.

I'm looking forward to the Fed-Ex guy visiting my house in a couple of days with a small 3.3 pound package...

------------------

Tom L.
my-wannabe-home-theater

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just ordered my LT150 from PCMall. They were kind enough to give me the lowest price I found on the web $3,299 no delivery charge. The price increases you mentioned got my adrenaline pumping so I decided make the plunge! FINALLY! Now for the screen, scalar and/or progressive scan dvd and/or HTPC,room modifications.... whew,this is gonna be fun. I'm considering the da-lite hi power 120" screen. Hope the little titan can handle all that real estate! I need some help on the scalar.....DVDO Iscan pro a good Match?? Anybody?

Thanks to Dave E in Texas for the thread he began on his LT 150. That and the pictures Les had on his site (LP350 vs LT150) and some other research at projector central convinced me that I won't get burned and probably will be amazed. I've been in analysis-paralysis for months because of all the trade-offs (newbe nightmare). Now I find myself doing the unthinkable....Buying sight unseen. This is a great forum.

I'll post my initial findings in the coming weeks. It'll take some time to get everything in place. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
873 Posts
You should be able to get for under $3200. Its a great deal, even with the new projectors on the horizon, because resale will always be high because of its values for business presentations.

projectorpeople.com is one of several out there.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
I'm hoping to order an LT150 in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone know if there is a difference between 110 and 220 volt models. I doubt I can match $3,200 over here so I was thinking of ordering from the US.

------------------

Peter M

I calibrate, therefore I am.

·
Registered
153 Posts
bbq found the bargain

I just ordered one from: www.pcsuperdeals.com for $2794.18 which included free shipping!

Go bbq!

Alfred--

------------------

Alfred S. Harding--

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.