AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. I use an HTPC w/ a Radeon LE running 10024x768 @ 72Hz. When I turn on my LT150 the image appears very faded out. It also flickers very noticeably. To remedy I must turn the projector off and turn it back on again. This is very annoying as I have to wait a while before it will turn back on after I've turned it off.

Thanks,

Dino

[This message has been edited by DinoT (edited 09-02-2001).]

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Dino,

There have been several posts on this um "feature" of the LT150. Every now and then on power up some of the units loose their little mind as regards control of the light engine. Power cycle seems to be the fix - as in unplug. Some use an external switch to keep power off the unit when not in use and this seems to lessen the frequency of false starts. I have always used the external switch method and finally sure enough I got a false start anyway. Once in 40 hours - I can live with it.

Be advised however that common wisdom says 72 HZ refresh allows tearing artifacts - just in case you run into that.

------------------

plug in to play

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jamin,

Thanks for the reply. I have indeed seen tearing. I guess that I can go back to 60Hz and turn on 3:2 pull down in the ATI player.

Dino

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.