AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the bug to finsh my basement and replace my TW40X81 with a DLP projector. Now that I see the NEC LT150 is getting great reviews and can be found for about $2600 I have a question.

Has anyone compared the 1080i/720p output from the LT150 to a HD Ready projection TV? How does it compare? Is the loss of resolution going from 1080i to 1024x768 noticeable?

I know that my TW40X81 only has 7" guns and cannot fully resolve the HD picture anyway but what would it's comparable resolution be?

Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
195 Posts
The clarity and apparant resolution of my LT150 is far higher than that of my Toshiba TP61H95 when viewing an HD signal. My RPTV is focused and converged properly.

What's most impressive about this is that the LT150 is throwing a 110" image. Imagine how sharp it would look at 40"!

jeff

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I've used the same Hughes HDTV receiver with my TW40X81, and also the LT150. I don't think you'll feel like you are giving anything up with the LT150 at all. The projector, even with its much larger image size, will be able to extract more apparent image details than the RPTV will be able to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.