AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've recently purchased this "LT150" from all the good words on the forum. The best word was the price, of course. It still hasn't come in yet, being shipped from Florida.

However, I'm not sure what to set the refresh rate to. I heard someone mention 60hz, but most film (DVD) is 24 fps. The nearest multiple of 24 is 72, to prevent the screen from ripping and tearing. 60fps is good for television though.

Does 72hz create a clear picture? 120hz would be an ideal hz, since it's a multiple of 30 and 24. However I don't think mirrors can flip that fast. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Some people said the picture became more fuzzy with the different refresh rates, but I'm wondering if anyone's done any testing between 60 and 72 and see which one works best. Any movies with a lot of fast paning would be good to test this.

-erik-

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've done a bit of testing with my Radeon HTPC. I have found that 60Hz seems to look better than 72Hz, for some reason. Less rainbows, smooth picture. The best thing to do would be to try it out for yourself.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.