Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Medium and Large Business section:

LINK REMOVED. You have to call them.

The price is 2594, less 20% if you can talk them into it. Then add tax and shipping.

[This message has been edited by rickforrest (edited 09-15-2001).]

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
While the link above doesn't seem to work for me - You are right, it is listed on the Medium Large business page, but not the small business or home office pages.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, now that you mention it, it doesn't work for me, either.

But the pj is there. I really don't think DELL has stopped carrying this projector. They probably just made their sales goal with the 20% off sale they're having.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Could also be a result of the commercial air shutdown. It is my understanding that Dell out-competes other computer companies by being very efficient with their inventory and only keeping 1-2 days worth on hand. So since they haven't been receiving any shipments from their suppliers by air, they might not have any more to sell temporarily.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
If that is the case then why not mark it as "out of stock". This site is for everyone, not just those who know about the 20% special.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Dell doesn't stock these projectors- they are shipped from the manufacturer with a Dell shipping label. The in stock or out of stock status is what the manufacturer has available at any given time.

Lenny Eckian

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
If it's still available but not accessible on Web, just call them toll-free and demand the 20% discount. I bet they'd honor it if you read them the link that gives you the 20% discount. Hurry before they stop the sale :)

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is still available from the web. You can find it by going to dell.com. Then go to Medium and Small Business. Then do an Advanced Search, by Manufacturer. Put in NEC, and the price range of 2000 to 3000.

I just checked and it's there and IN STOCK.

You won't be able to get the 20% discount unless you CALL THEM.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The link worked and the page shows a price of $2700.95. How do you get the additional 20% discount?

------------------

Clark Burk

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you DON'T click on the link, but instead go and do an ADVANCED SEARCH as I've described, you'll find it with a price of

You will have to call them to order and ask for the 20% discount. You may have to read them the exact link for the 20% off that Huey posted.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I attempted to buy the LT150 from Dell on Friday morning. I called in in an attempt to save the sales tax and waited 20 minutes to get a rep. When I asked for the LT150 the rep told me it was no longer being sold and tried to sell me another projector (LT154). I informed the rep that the website shows the item in stock and gave him the Dell par number. I was put on hold for another 5 minutes and was about to hang-up, when the rep came back and told me that they still had some stock. I the tried to get a price over the phone, since the pricing varies between which dell webstore, and the rep was reluctant to give me a price - I had to ask THREE times. Finally he came back with the $2700 figure. I requested the 20% off from the Dell email promo and the rep claimed that I was trying to make up a sale. I asked to speak to a manager at this point and was asked "Why?". Unbelievable, he would not let me speak to a manager. I then told him I can't believe Dell's customer service is number one, I am not having that experience, nor have I in the past. I was told that I had better believe that Dell's customer service is number one. He was really full of himself.

Needless to say I didn't buy anything from Dell and won't anytime soon. I ordered thru CDW whom in my opinion Dell could learn a few things from on customer service. CDW has a pricematch policy but although they couldn't match the Dell price minus the tax they did get down to under $2300 shipped 2nd day which is close to the Dell price with tax. And with much better customer service. Your own personal rep that actually calls you back!

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
The problem with Dell is they are so huge that they have so many sales people. They don't know their left from their right. One department is contradicting another. If you're lucky and get a good rep. who's willing to go to bat for you then you'll do well. If you have a lazy or rude person then you'r stuck. Dell's is actually number one in inconsistency and not customer service. I was never impressed with Dell's service. They just happen to have good prices. For those who persisted and called back to get another rep., you may do better. It's probably best not to deal with customer service at all and get everything from the web. Unfortunately their web site is just as disorganized !!! Sorry for your troubles. Good luck.

------------------

Huey ;-]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.