AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my LT150 for about six weeks. Tonight, a strange diagonal light "bleeding" starting occurring.

On dark backgrounds, foreground light color bleeds in diagonal "trails" -- two trails, one towards the upper left and one towards the lower right.

For example, when credits are being show the trailing light is very obvious.

It has a look like camera flare.

It is not subtle. It appears to be worse on the left of the screen.

Has anyone seen this or have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Billy!

I do not reccomend anyone to clean the projector lenses

with anything but your breath and a clean cloth.

------------------

-------

Regards,

-Gavrilych

·
Registered
665 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fortunately I figured this problem out this morning.

I turned the projector on and the problem was still happening. I moved the focus ring and noticed that the light flare followed moving of the lens.

Ah ha. It had something to do with the lens.

Then I remembered that I cleaned the lens for the first time a few days before. I hadn't used the projector since then.

I had used a chamois cloth with a few drops of eyeglass cleaner. I looked at the cleaner bottle: Ar Kleener "for all anti-reflective coated glass eyeglass lenses." I took the chamois cloth and rubbed the lens without the cleaner. The problem was fixed. The picture was noticeably brighter too.

I won't be using an anti-reflective cleaner causing light to bounce back inside and around the lens again. In fact, I won't be using a cleaning substance other than the chamois cloth again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One other thing. The problem seemed to get worse as the evening progressed. My guess is that it may have had something to do with the substance reacting with the progressively hotter lens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.