AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted here in the DLP forum so I could get a quick response from those of you that already own the LT150. Mine will arrive on Friday!!!!!

I need a screen, a tripod mount (concession to the wife). Also I would prefer that I could keep my center channel where it is (above the direct view TV) therefore I think I need an audio-transparent screen.

However, the audio transparency should not be a limiting factor but price must be :)

da-lite high power?

da-lite versitol?

any other recommendations? and why?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
perhaps the better question is what screen material/gain for a da-lite versatol screen:

high power, video spectra, or glass beaded?

thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
A few months ago a member posted some pictures taken with his LT150 and the Da-lite Deluxe Instra-Theatre (wide power) and they looked really good. It uses a pneumatic scissor mechanism for raising and lowering the screen and just might be the ticket. Check it out on the Da-lite website.

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have read lots of review on LT-150/High-Power materials in this forum, but didn't see much of Wide-Power materials. Does anyone have experience w/ both and tell me the differences? I mean I know the differences in numbers.. but often times, number doesn't tell much..

- Color :

- Rainbows :

- Viewing Angle :

Thanks

-Sung

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've tested LT150 with following screens:

(1) Dalite Mat White, Glass Beaded, Deluxe Instra-Theater

(2) Stewart Grayhawk, 1.3 and 1.5

(3) OS White Matt (1.0 gain)

(4) Kikuchi Theatergray (gray screen with 1.6 gain)

I think the best screen for LT150 is Kikuchi Theatergray that improves the black level, contrast and dynamic. I guess it is a high gain fabric (over 2.0) with gray coating. The optimum viewing is 25 deg which is the same as Hipower. It isn't suitable for me because I will ceiling mount LT150.

Grayhawk is very good for dark scenes. It can show the great detail of Gladiator. But I hope it can have more punch as Stewart 1.3 or 1.5. On the other hand, Stewart 1.3/1.5 don't have the black level as the Grayhawk.

Yes, Dalite Deluxe Instra-Theater is good for LT150. To choose one from Dalite, I will take it or Video Spectra 1.5. Now I'm using a light gray painted wall as the screen. The performance is satisfied when the ambient light is completely controlled. Therefore I don't think I need high gain screen.

Finally I ordered Stewart 1.3 and it will be delivered tomorrow.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
3 Posts
In reading the achieves on this subject, It seems to me that any discussion of LT150 screens need to be prefaced with the following question.... Is the projector ceiling or table top mounted????

Is seems that the screen recommendations are vastly different depending on the mounting method.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I believe that Bob Wood uses a Da-Lite tripod screen. Why not ask him his thoughts. VB

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I speaking with Jason from AVscience, he recommended to try the Da-lite Matt white 16:9 92" screen Model B pull down. We agreed that it was better to get the HTPC and projector issues resolved. Then when its time to move up I can do so.

Any contrary opinions and why?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I'm also using the Dalite Model B matt white screen with the LT150. Screen is 16:9 92" Diag. and my projector is ceiling mounted. I'm very happy with the results.

Jon

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I prefer the matte white screen material with the LT150 too.

I find the High Power to be very desireable for use with my CRT projectors. But not with projectors putting out 800 ANSI.

Bob Wood

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.