AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I finally figured out how I am going to mount my LT150. I bought a 19 inch wire shelving unit and mounted it to the wall about 1/2 from the ceiling.

I know about the 3 screws that are used to mount it with, what I do not know is what the threads are and where I might get them.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
What do you mean 1/2 from ceiling? If you mean 1/2 the distance from floor to ceiling it may not work well as ceiling mount mode requires LT150 to be close to ceiling and table mount mode will need downward aiming which means major keystoning. Please elaborate as I'm curious. As far as threads go, I'm not sure but I recall someone discussed this earlier (3 screw holes--one hidden in rubber feet, one over bulb housing, and one some where else I can't recall. You'd better search for it before unscrewing anything important :)

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Over the weekend I built a custom wall mount for my LT150 with about $30 worth of stuff from Home Depot. This included creating a hushbox around it. The best part is that I created a zoom feature with the wallmount since as we know the LT150 doesn't have zoom. The unit is mounted on the wall with two decorative 'L' shaped shelf pieces. Then the box has a built in full extension drawer rails. I needed my projector to be 28" away from the wall inorder to get the proper screen size but I didn't want to have a big box sticking two feet out from the wall over my head all the time. Talk about an eye sore. So with this rail system it can retract back to 14" and all is enclosed. Works like a charm and doesn't look half bad either. Once I finish my entire setup I'll borrow the digital camera from work and take a few photos.

I did raise the projector up as well using 4 adjustable screws with rubber ends. This gave almost 2 inches of breathing room under the projector and there are air holes built into the side of the hushbox. So far I've been pleased with the performance of something that I built with no plans. Just a couple planks of wood and a couple hours browsing the isles of a 24 hour Home Depot. It was like 2 AM. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I was in a haze when I wrote this. The L shaped wire shelf is mounted upside down with the shelf portion at the top instead of the bottom. Because of the projection offset, I mounted it as close to the ceiling as I could, which is a 1/2 inch. The wire shelf should give plenty of ventilation.

I plan on building a hush box around this mount. I didn't want to physically place projector in the box, because of sound transfer possibilities. The huskbox will look like a Drapery valance when not in use (the projector is mounted above a patio door).

I bungie cord mounted the projector to see how the image would look, I will only need to lower the back of the LT150 a 1/4 of an inch to raise the display to my liking. Now all I need is the size of bolts to match the 3 mounting bolt positions that NEC provides on the bottom, and a piece of that special glass.

·
Registered
232 Posts
LynxFX,

I eagerly look forward to seeing pics of this installation! Great setup idea!

Buddy

------------------

Buddy Yaussy
My HT Page

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.