AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Disney this past weekend and noticed in two attractions, The ride(unknown name) at the Journey into Imagination pavillion, and at Spaceship Earth there were many LT150's placed in the ride and pre-show areas. I was surprised to see them and this must be a testament to reliability, if they are running all day long. Actually, now that I think abut it they may be LT75's. I work for Construction companies that do lots of work at Disney. I have spent most of my career out there. I remember now that I was in one of their construction offices and saw an office stacked full with LT75's. They must have been for area attractions. What's my point? I don't know, I just thought it might be interesting for NEC LT150/75 fans to know that the projectors are used en masse at Disney. Wish I could work for ride design over there, but could never get hired on. Or course, employment at Disney is not what it used to be. They just dumped all their animators in Florida. The people who made their name across the country.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Hi, your post really caught my eye because I am a HUGE Disney fan! I don't own that projector but I always wondered what they used in Spaceship Earth (my favorite ride ever!) and other rides. Now I know! Thanks for sharing, I will be at Disney this week as a matter of fact and will be looking for those projectors!

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.