AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Only Mwave and the Nerds site sell them for that low a price, and neither ships outside the US so it's not like I would have been able to get it anyway.

Besides - I've been a computer hobbyist for far too long not to be well aware of how prices may fluctuate. It's part of the game. I've learned to watch the prices of components so I know when the best time to get a deal is, and the same can be used for projectors. I have to buy at a time when I feel the price is something I'm willing to pay, and that's exactly what I've been doing (also - for once I had all the money necessary in my account due to tax returns etc.). So, since I've already ordered and paid, prices of the LT150 doesn't matter that much to me anymore - only when can I get it in my hands matters now http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif . Wire transfers are soo slow ;_;

Oh - and for those wondering about PCs and components the best time to buy is usually early fall/autumn. Then the prices are at a point that you get the best bang for the buck compared to how long it will last.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
280 Posts
This price (available at theNerds.com) looks irresistible. Has anybody had problems dealing with the Nerds before?

Mike

[This message has been edited by catullus (edited 07-07-2001).]

·
Registered
498 Posts
bbq, do you know were they have the best price in Hong Kong?

------------------

BR /// Rob

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, that's an interesting shipping price the Nerds has on a 3.3 pound projector. Especially since they advertise that it is $16.95 at Pricescan. They're obviously playing some shady games with the price by adding exhorbitant shipping... I think I'll steer clear of these guys if I decide to go the LT150 route.

[This message has been edited by lmo (edited 07-07-2001).]

·
Registered
280 Posts
LMO:

I e-mailed them to see if they had made a mistake on the shipping. I wonder what they will say, if they answer.

Projection Direct, with their 30-day, no restocking-fee policy, has the LT150 at $3199. And SANE shipping fees.

Note Alan's post too. He won't take them back unless they're defective, but his price is really good, and you can be sure with him that everything about the transaction is upfront and ethical.

Mike

[This message has been edited by catullus (edited 07-07-2001).]

·
Registered
813 Posts
Man at such an awesome price this thing is looking pretty good and alot of good reviews on this unit. Im starting to sweat here. I wonder how it would be on a 110" screen.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've been thinking about the 10HT or waiting for the 11HT, but at $2800 to my door step, I'm really tempted to give this little DLP a try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't think I can pass this up... I was on the verge of purchasing an Infocus LP340 before I saw this price on the LT150. Even if I have to purchase an external scaler or progressive scan DVD player, this is still worth it over the LP340, right?

Whoa... just noticed something though--if you go to the site and checkout, shipping is $150+ depending on the shipping method. Considerably cheaper through Mwave.com ($48 for overnight). Can that be right?

[This message has been edited by James_T (edited 07-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by James_T (edited 07-07-2001).]

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
273 Posts
How low is this thing going to go? Ecost is a well established online company and I've bought from them before. I'm moving in a couple months and don't need the unit until then; I think my breaking point will be $2500 (that leaves a lot left over for a nice scaler).

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mucho thanks to bbq for the prices. I'm drooling already.

Since I haven't seen the LT150, however, I checked out the restocking fee just in case I need to consider that option. I also added the reseller rating at resellerratings.com

ECost - 15% 4.6/7.0 (81 ratings)

PC Superdeals - 20% Not found

2buystore.com - 30% 5.2/7.0 (4 ratings)

Just FYI. If you know you want it, the restock fee is no problem. If you're not sure, even a 15% fee is >$400.

------------------

Take care,

JC

(added note) - I just noticed that turbe already addressed this in another thread. So much for being helpful.

[This message has been edited by jalaram (edited 07-10-2001).]

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you really didn't want the unit, but it checked out fine (restock fee or not they're obligated to give you a unit which isn't defective out of the box), you could probably get almost your full money out of it by selling it on the classifieds, here. In fact, if anyone here buys one of these units and decides it's not for them, I'd probably be willing to buy the unit from them.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Man.. my projector has become dirt cheap.. Good thing I picked it up for a good price anyway..

Now if they can only get the lamp prices down to something more reasonable. At $500 a lamp for only 1000 hours, that is definitely a significant cost. Anybody know where to get cheap bulbs???

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I was referred by NEC directly to a local authorized dealer (MCSI) here in Seattle that is giving me a decent price of $2,940.00 for the LT150. I talked to Jim Turner in sales at 425-451-1999.

I called NEC to find out about their Insta-Eval program (for the LT150) and found out that MCSI has a demo unit that I can go see. Once there, I will ask if they will sell a new one for $2,850.00 to $2,890.00. Their return policy is 30 days, no restocking fee.

Perhaps others are interested and we could get better pricing as a group.

-Shawn

·
Registered
248 Posts
Sure, I'd be interested, but I don't know about how anyone else. It seems that a lot of people who would be interested already got theirs.

Keep us in touch.

------------------

Take care,

JC

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I am going to try to get over there this afternoon to see the LT150 in action. I will try to get a price lower then $2940.00.

-Shawn

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
1 - 20 of 319 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.