AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just check some web-store such as infmicro,pcnation,thenerds,etc. and found lt1150's price is up back to around $3800.

Did anybody know the reason?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had heard that NEC raised their prices. When's the last time you've seen that happen with technology products?!?

------------------

Tom L.
my-wannabe-home-theater

·
Registered
433 Posts
I'm in the market for one of these projectors myself. I spoke with Bob Everett, a sales rep at NEC, on Tuesday and he told me that NEC has dropped the MSRP of the LT150 to $3295 as of July 1st. It looks like the dealers selling these are either unaware of this or don't mind selling them above MSRP.

I noted in another thread that someone said that Sony had dropped their MSRP on the 10WHT(?), but actually raised the dealer cost. Perhaps there's a similiar situation here.

Please post the best deals you can find on these here!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hmmm..... PCNation was down to $3225 a few days ago. I would call them up and ask whats the deal.

I'll bet NEC was having a rebate-to-dealer that expired on July 1st, so the prices went back up to where they were before the rebate. But I'm sure NEC will drop the dealer cost back to where it was with the rebate and we'll see them back around $3200.

But still, I wouldn't wait around too much longer as the supply is probably drying up as the LT150Z starts to replace it (which could be back up to the $4K+ price range, I'd bet).

-Dave

NEC LT150 - $3258, JVC 723 Progressive DVD player - $325, DVD Movie - $18......Watching the jaws drop when I play "A Bugs Life" in my new home theater - Priceless!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like all of the dealers are raising the price:

Infinity-micro: 3158---3714

The nerds: 3250---4064

PCnation: 3255---3977

the lowest one I could now is 3299 frm LACC,but I'm afriad this price will not last long.

Don't understand NEC's policy.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Wheeeee!!! There went that bank account. Due to the agonizing slowness of wire transfers I probably won't see it for two weeks - but that's the way it goes. Ordered from LACC while it was still at $3199. If anyone else is considering ordering from them be aware that their email turnaround stinks. Call them up by phone.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
873 Posts
You should be able to find for $3199 in more than one place, including projectorpeople.com, the source for AVS on several power buys.

Just mention the current price drop.

Kelly

·
Registered
62 Posts
I spoke with AV Science about this projector and they told me they would see what kind of price they could do on it and get back to me!!

If they can sell them to us for under 3200, I have at least 2 other people that would grab them at that cost!!

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

------------------

Thanks!!

Brian

STOP DFAST!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Those still interested in purchasing the LT150 might want to talk to John Andrews at the Big Picture.

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
bbq did find the bargain

I just ordered one from: www.pcsuperdeals.com for $2794.18 which included free shipping!

Go bbq!

Alfred--

------------------

Alfred S. Harding--

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Multiwave still has the unit for $2894. I've purchased computer parts from them many times over the past 2-3 years and have always found them to be very reliable. Cheers!

Ken Rivera

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just called and tried to order some. They said that the website was wrong and that they were out of stock. They didn't say anything about the price being wrong. I'll keep an eye on it and try to pick up a few if they ever get any in stock.

------------------

What would you do with a brain if you had one? --Judy Garland

·
Registered
698 Posts
In belgium there is a law about this...

the company would have to deliver the units for that price, it's binding over here!

------------------

Yves Smolders

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.