AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How obvious is the difference between S-video with the Lt150 as opposed to using progressive scan from Panny RP56? In other words will my wife be able to tell the difference? I was watching Stargate recently using s-video to the Lt150, and it looked terrible. Shimmering, jaggies and grain! On the other hand Fifth Element looks fantastic.

jon

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a lt150 and Panny rp56 too and at first I used a s-video until I bought my component breakout cable.

At first I was worried because the picture was so bad with the s-video. With the VGA cable is a rel nice picture.

First off the panny rp56 will not push a pro-scan signal thru the s-video(with the green led on) so using s-video is non procan. Only with component will there be a pro-scan signal.

Summary of Signal improvements include...

A) Better with component breakout vs s-video

B) Even better when Procan turned(B requires A)

A+B=(Better pic when using lt105 and panny56)

Best pic with scaller or lense...

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i started off just like gdago.

i had my my Lt150 hooked up via s-video to a toshiba 2109 ( a player i had always been very happy with)

frequently the picture was quite good on good source material ( Gladiator, Starship Troopers) but i knew from experience with a digital rptv and prog scan players, to expect a subtle difference that becomes more substantial once you swith back to the lowly s-video.

i tested several ps players and the rp56 had an excellant picture, the best de-interlacing on all material, and a great budget price.

i did have to pop another $50 for the breakout cable.

i can definately say it was worth it.

i still see some room for improvement, which is why i'm considering getting in on the Isco power buy, and/or upgrading to a HTPC in the future.

but the rp56 really does make a substantial improvent over s-video/interlaced.

at at its cost, future upgrades like the ones i mentioned above , won't be so odious to contemplate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.