AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oh great, I haven't even hooked up my LT85 yet and here this is! I was hoping that rumors of these zoom models being priced much higher than their non-zoom counterparts would be true. It looks like it is for the LT150z, but not with the LT75z. At that price, if/when Dell carries it and comes out with another 20% deal, it'll cost about the same as what I paid for the LT85. Oh well, guess I'll just have to hook up my PJ and enjoy what I've got.

Scott

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hmm...Just checked the Dell site out to see if they were carrying it yet. They have a new 5% off monitors (and projectors) deal going on. They also have a 20% off other stuff (forget what) deal going on. I wonder if this indicates a change on their part? Maybe they'll stop offering the 20% off deals for big-ticket items. If that turns out to be true, while it will be a bad thing for deal hunters, I must admit, it will make me feel a bit happier about my recent LT85 purchase (at about $1600). Is that wrong of me?

Scott

·
Registered
599 Posts
The dell 20% off deal will be back. It comes back a lot. It's been on several times in the last month, for example. Almost as often, Dell has 25% off in the business section, but you pay tax so it evens out.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I kind of doubt that Dell will have a very good deal on it to start with. Keep in mind that they are not an authorized NEC dealer and they have been getting these units from a distribution company. That is fine, but the only reason they got such good pricing was that this particular distribution company had bought a ton and needed to clear them out. I'd be suprised if they did or even could do the same with the LT150z.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.