AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in thinking that the up + coming 150z is based on the Plus U3 1100z?

I notice from its specifications that whilst the lumens are up to 1000 the contrast ratio is down to 650:1. (I'm reading the specs off http://www.projected.co.uk/plus/u3-1100z.htm ).

Is this just a consequence of the projector having a zoom lens or are there other differences?

Has anyone tried a head to head between a Plus and the equivalent NEC. With progressive component or a HTPC are the differences in the internal processing between the two still significant?

Plus is much cheaper in the UK, hence the query.

Thanks for your help.

Ian Guinan

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump....

Sorry to reiterate this but has this projector been degraded or is the drop in contrast just due to the increased brightness (and can the brightness be reduced, hence increasing the contrast)?

So If I've got this right;

Plus U3 1100z (and LT150z)

1000 Lumens, 650:1 contrast therefore 1.54 lumens black level.

NEC LT150

800 Lumens, 800:1 contrast therefore 1 lumen black level.

I've seen a lot of talk about the lens being interchangeable, but might it be possible also for LT150 owners to use the new bulb for higher light output, as the chassis looks to be the same in every other way?

Regards,

Ian Guinan

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi Ian, I do not have anything technical to add... but I was under the impression that the bulb for the 150 and the 150z is the same...

Miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.