AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone describe how the stock NEC ceiling mount (LT55CM) for the LT155 attaches to the projector? I need to know how many screw holes the bracket uses on the projector, and the location of the screw holes?

The mechanical drawing of the mount (downloaded from the NEC site) is difficult to decode screw locations. The projector has a single "plugged" screw hole underneath/near the lens. I'm wondering if this is the only mounting point. (Someone suggested on another thread that the LT150 uses this type of screw hole as well, plus the hole for the adjustable leveling foot, I don't think this is the case for the LT155).

I'm trying to do a DIY ceiling mount, and would like to mimic the factory mount attachment.

regards,

Johann

[This message has been edited by johann (edited 05-18-2001).]

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just mounted mine a couple of weeks ago but can't remember that much about it, as I used the factory mount.Remember it's inverted so the controls are facing down, so the mount screws into what would be the top of the unit if it was setting on a table. There are 4 pretty small holes around the top that the mount screws in to. These may not look right because they are at different heights, but the factory kit simply has different length screws for this problem, lol. The factory mount has cutouts in it for ventilation and for access to the panel on the top.(air filter I think.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

There is a large "plugged" screw hole on the bottom of the proj, a few inches behind the lens.

Has anyone confirmed if this hole is intended for tripod mounting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just purchased a LT155.

How did you end up mounting it on the ceiling ? I got the installation instructions for the NEC mount, but there were no indications on how to attach the projector to the mount.

I am thinking I might go with the dropped shelf from the ceiling and cementing rubber feet to the top of the projector.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just finished mounting the LT155 on the ceiling using my own setup.

There are 3 screw holes on the bottom of the projector. the projector gets mounted upside down.

THE SCREW HOLES ARE POSITIONED IN A TRIANGLE, WITH ONE HOLE IN THE FRONT and THE 2 IN THE BACK/SIDE.

The screws are "M4" metric type. You can pick up in Home depot or Lowes. Depending on your mount you will need about 3/4 inch length or longer. Buy several lengths , they are cheap.

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH MOUNTING YOURSELF IS BEING ABLE TO SQUARE THE PROJECTOR TO THE SCREEN. AN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TASK IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SOME ADJUSTMENT DEVICE. I DO NOT KNOW IF THE FACTORY MOUNTS HAVE AN ADJUSTMENT CAPABILITY.

Good Luck, Walter

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up using the factory mount, but it is actually "oem'd" by a company out of colorado called Display Devices (or something like that).

It was a little pricey, but I ordered it from Dell during one of their very frequent discounts on "software and peripherals". I applaud the ingenuity of the DIY'er but so much of my HT is DIY i broke down and bought the real thing. Glad I did, as it's very very adjustable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Walt,

Thanks for the info. I found them.

For the record, the screws used are 4mm. I did find them at Home Depot.

The forward hole is just behind the T-foot. The right-rear is just ahead of the adjustable (round rubber screw) foot and the left-rear is forward of the lamp door on the same raised platform as the door.

I still haven't decided if I am going to build or buy. I recently threw away an old camera tripod that would have worked great.

Thanks for the input.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.