AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you NEC LT240/LT260 owners noticed tearing on PAL input with these machines?

This is a problem with the much hyped NEC HT1000 at the moment and you would think similar electronics in the business machines would show the same problem.

Malc.

·
Registered
27,963 Posts
What do you mean specifically by "tearing"? Do you have a specific example? I only have a few PAL discs, but I can take a look on my 240.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Can you turn the white segment off in the 240/260?

TIA

Gary.

·
Registered
27,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Lightfoot
Can you turn the white segment off in the 240/260?
Yes, there is a control in the menus called "White Peaking" that turns on and off the white segment.

·
Registered
27,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tavs
Take a look at the following thread. Towards the end Thor posts a simulation of the effect from a scene in Driven.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ng#post1569603

The effect may not come up on your machine if your source converts to 60hz but worth a try.
Is it this description you're talking about?:

Quote:
The NEC HT1000 only seems to support 60hz, if you feed it a 50hz signal (PAL) when it renders a frame before its finished it will start to render the next frame, so you see the previous frame in the bottom half of the screen and the next frame to be rendered in the top half of the frame.
I haven't noticed anything like that, but I also haven't played too many PAL discs. I'll do some looking.

I'm running PAL from the Malata DVD-N996. Not sure if it converts to 60hz but might be.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the one.

I was hoping there were more PAL enabled LT2?0 owners out there to get some feed back.

Thanks for looking Josh.

Malc.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I don't have any PAL material... but just a datapoint, I seem to get tearing on my LT240/HTPC setup unless I run at 60 Hz refresh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.