AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using an LT240k with a 100" blackout cloth screen. This screen produced a great image with my earlier LT150, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get my LT240k to look very good. After browsing the threads on the settings, I find that most people are using movie mode. For me, everything gets a greenish cast whenever the color temp is 6500K (I've tried both movie and sRGB modes), and things look much more natural at 7800K. However, I read Josh Z's comment about how the lt240k 6500K color temp. is dead on accurate. I'm really confused, can any of the 240k experts help me out here?

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
I have the original 240, not the 'k', so the color temperature may be a little different. Different screen material also has an effect.

Assuming that this isn't an RGB/YPbPr mix-up (in which the entire picture would looks completely green), try adding a Hoya HMC FL-Day filter. It costs about $30. The filter will cut your greens and effectively boost your other colors. The 240k uses a 72mm size.

·
Registered
29,564 Posts
Oh yes, the "Picture Management" color defaults are a little wonky. Calibrating those is very important.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.