AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I saw 2 speakers on ebay called "LTC SP-800",

I have never heard of the company LTC before, but the look of the speakers is utterly amazing (in my opinion).

I will probably buy them regardless of the sound quality just because of what they look like, but i wondered if anyone had any info on LTC or these speakers...

Thanks,

Dom

P.S: Link to auction: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAIR-LTC-SP-80...d=p3286.c0.m14

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragSta /forum/post/16973691

Hey there,

I saw 2 speakers on ebay called "LTC SP-800",

I have never heard of the company LTC before, but the look of the speakers is utterly amazing (in my opinion).

I will probably buy them regardless of the sound quality just because of what they look like, but i wondered if anyone had any info on LTC or these speakers...

Thanks,

Dom

P.S: Link to auction:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PAIR-LTC-SP-800-PYRAMID-HIFI-SPEAKERS-2-x-330-WATT-NEW_W0QQitemZ220441224877QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioVideoEle ctronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers?hash=item33535226ad&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Now those look like WhiteVan speakers if I have ever seen them.

My advice, stay away as though your life depended upon it, unless of course you don't mind wasting the money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by raistline /forum/post/16976270

Now those look like WhiteVan speakers if I have ever seen them.

My advice, stay away as though your life depended upon it, unless of course you don't mind wasting the money.

Thanks for that, what makes you think they are WhiteVan though?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragSta /forum/post/16977850

Thanks for that, what makes you think they are WhiteVan though?

There are a few things that give the WhiteVan-ness of these speakers away.

The first is the unbelievable prince to claimed performance.

The second is the design that is very close to real hi-fi audio gear I have seen, Sorry no source for this one.

The third is the complete lack of presence when using a google search other then a few small re-sellers, most of which are E-Bay.

Fourth and finally, The lack of a single solitary review when searching.

(Granted, I could be wrong. There is a chance that these are reputable speakers, but given the lack of presence I still think White Van)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts